AC Social Event: GT4 @Nurburgring GP - Tue 17Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks to all for another great event, small, but beautifully formed;)

Yet again I ran out out of talent after the first few laps:D, strange 'cos the Mazza was amazing for Silverstone but found it an understeering monster here.

Looking forward to the next one, and in the meantime, have a great holiday Neil :thumbsup:

strange 'cos the Mazza was amazing for Silverstone but found it an understeering monster here.
Glad you had some fun again! :)

To the understeering: The Mazza is meant to be driven without ABS or TC and with a brake bias adjusted to your liking. Then it starts to rotate into corners depending on the brake bias.
At corner exit the Maserati is a bit special. You have to brake enough before the turn so you can slam the throttle midcorner. Try it!
The rear will step out a little and the cornering radius will become tighter while you also accelerate stronger!

With ABS and TC it's still possible to drive like that. Put the brake bias to the minimum and see if you can rotate the car better when applying like 10% braking until mid corner. Then SLAM the throttle way earlier than you'd like to and countersteer :p

With the Porsche this is a bit different and more difficult. It doesn't like to slide that much but the ABS steps allow for some awesome trailbraking!
Try to rotate as much as you can while still keeping the brakes a liiiittle bit, then slowly raise the throttle while pointing the car straight and then step on it.
It's quicker in a straight line than the Mazza but it's more difficult to be as quick!

Thanks for this @RasmusP , makes huge sense - I find trail breaking easy into corners that aren't too tight (like Silverstone I guess) but don't have the feel for the pedal into the tighter ones (although better since fitting GT Eye spring!).

I had ABS on and TC off - had the brake bias set to "Wahey! steer with the arse", which was probably why I was so scruffy:D

Interesting following @Neilski though, he was braking earlier than I was and got the power on earlier, so trying that definitely improved my lap times.

128153_o.gif

....................................................I WILL practice:roflmao:

Last edited:
Was I the only one that found the front tyres of the Porsche waring out way before the rears. By the end of the race the fronts were on 70% while the rears were very close to 100!

Was I the only one that found the front tyres of the Porsche waring out way before the rears. By the end of the race the fronts were on 70% while the rears were very close to 100!
I remember it being quite normal but might also show that you're overdriving the fronts and not drifting enough out of corners.
Maybe you need to try to brake a bit earlier, steer less and then trying to do a smooth drift at corner exit.
But without seeing you drive I don't want to tell you anything about your driving ! :inlove:

Cheers, I did think that it would be my dodgy driving and not the car!
Might have to have a few more laps there, bearing that in mind. Never know might help me improve!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%