AC Social Event: GT4 @ Laguna Seca - Tue 03Jul18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for last night's event everyone, first time with the Mazza... great car, especially with ABS, which I didn't know it had:roflmao:

Apologies to @Lucas Gerlach (I think it was you!), when you caught me I defended but then realised "resistance was futile" and didn't want to ruin your race. Watching you made me realise I've really got to work on my apex speed, or set-up, or very likely both:laugh:

@RasmusP
Sorry to hear about your PC. I can only recommend to download openhardwaremonitor and activate the plot logging all temperatures to pin down the problem!
Thanks for this Rasmus, I've downloaded it, just need to figure out how to activate the plot logging temperatures, I can only see results in real time:O_o:;)
I have a (non technical!) thought that I might have corrupted files so will probably re-install AC - some folders that are empty, cars that I've installed wrong etc - maybe a clean start will help in fault-finding.

Thanks for last night's event everyone, first time with the Mazza... great car, especially with ABS, which I didn't know it had:roflmao:

Apologies to @Lucas Gerlach (I think it was you!), when you caught me I defended but then realised "resistance was futile" and didn't want to ruin your race. Watching you made me realise I've really got to work on my apex speed, or set-up, or very likely both:laugh:

@RasmusP
Thanks for this Rasmus, I've downloaded it, just need to figure out how to activate the plot logging temperatures, I can only see results in real time:O_o:;)
I have a (non technical!) thought that I might have corrupted files so will probably re-install AC - some folders that are empty, cars that I've installed wrong etc - maybe a clean start will help in fault-finding.
Backup the steamapps/assettocorsa/system/cfg folder and then do a integrity check. It should do the job. You can't really install mods wrong. They will either not work or just not use the files that are "too much".
Like when you install a mod update and just overwrite the files. Some files might remain from the old version but the new version just won't use them :)
The plot can be activated in the top bar somewhere. Probably something like "settings" - > show plot - > right/left/botton/top/separate window :)

@RasmusP

I do not remeber anything that would need an apology in this race :) I had nearly standard setup so its maybe down to braking into corners ;)

I do not remeber anything that would need an apology in this race :) I had nearly standard setup so its maybe down to braking into corners ;)
It probably is, yeah!
I hosted some GT4 event during the Winter and I always ended up with the default setup. Sometimes -1 click on the front suspension but that's about it!

To Openhardwaremonitor:
OpenHardwareMonitor_Settings.JPG

It probably is, yeah............
To Openhardwaremonitor
Thanks for this Rasmus, made me realise how flat out my pc is running. CPU is maxed out in-game (even though I've reduced as much detail as I can). My son said the CPU would be a bottleneck, I think I get what he meant now:laugh:

CPU temperature is in the very high 70c range - but using my desk fan with new-improved cowling for the ram air effect (aka cardboard & duct tape:p) is now in the mid 50's... hope to survive until new CPU & Cooler can be fitted.:)

I was doing some testing for cpu and gpu load a week or two back on Content Manager and was surprised at how much load the cpu was taking, Surprisingly and counter intuitively, I found that by upping the graphics settings - 8 to 16 AA and tweaking a few of the reflection and shadow settings - I improved the overall load of the cpu over to the gpu. There is a very good diagnostic for graphics settings in CM. Try it out.

Surprisingly and counter intuitively, I found that by upping the graphics settings - 8 to 16 AA and tweaking a few of the reflection and shadow settings - I improved the overall load of the cpu over to the gpu.
OK, but presumably you have vsync off and your fps dropped when you did this?

No, I run Vsync on and a rock steady 60fps. After a lot of experimenting with vsync on and off, with the frame rate limiter on and off and other adjustments, I found the absence of stutters and tearing with vsync on was preferable to higher fps and drops in frames without a cap. Monitor refresh rate is all you really need after all. The benchmarks run in CM are uncapped, so I was seeing around 110 fps average and a variance of 7%, which is the more important number - lower is better. My main concern was to push the gpu to take some of the load off the cpu and I got it down to high 60% load from high 80% loads with a bit of tweaking.
Also, I meant 16X AF not AA, which I have at 4X.

OK then that's seriously weird. Boosting the AF (or indeed AA) shouldn't change the CPU load one iota, but it'll certainly increase the GPU load. Thus, if the fps is fixed at 60, the CPU load should have been identical.
Shadows and reflections - maybe...? Depends on how the game implements them I guess.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back