AC Social Event: BMW M235i @ Mugello - Tue 08May18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It really was a very nice race, with a nice battle with Neil the whole time. Henri was, of course, unbeatable. Aaaaand... now I know why the fuel consumption was so high in the first two races with this car. :roflmao:

I also had a couple of stutters during Q and R. But afterwards I learned that W10 was downloading some updates. Damn thing!!! I really must try to change the timing of that, if possible.

Looking forward to those last turns at Barcelona moto next week :D

Last edited:
It really was a very nice race, with a nice battle with Neil the whole time. Henri was, of course, unbeatable. Aaaaand... now I know why the fuel consumption was so high in the first two races with this car. :roflmao:

I also had a couple of stutters during Q and R. But afterwards I learned that W10 was downloading some updates. Damn thing!!! I really must try to change the timing of that, if possible.

Looking forward to those las turns at Barcelona moto next week :D

Yeah Henri as usual. Though it's people like him that motivate me to improve. I should check replays more often, as well as spectating people during practice and a few laps in quali.

I keep telling my self I wanna be faster and compete for the podium, I know I can do it. But at the same time, i never really put in the work to improve, as it takes more than just driving lap after lap after lap.

It's the same for trying new stuff, I always get into a flow and then it's hard for me to try and take a corner differently, perhaps do an early upshift, or take a later apex etc. By now I should have some basic knowledge as to why to do things certain ways.

One day I'll get there :)

Here's how David to solve that annoyance :)

Settings>Update & Security->Advanced options - change slider 2.

Regards

Paddy

Regards

Paddy

Thank you Paddy :D

Hi Neil,

You mentioned about a link to fix the max speed limit in Sidekick When you have a moment!
Sorry, had totally forgotten about this, thanks Paddy :)
See this thread: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/m235i-power-curve-fixes.148207/
and do give me a bell if you have any questions (might be easiest to just ask them in that thread in fact).

I don't get a slider there so my version must be a little different to yours (I'm on Win 10 Pro version 1709) but if it's the "active hours" thing you mean, I already have that set to avoid the 4pm - 10am period. However, that just stops Windows from rebooting during that time; it still happily downloads and installs updates while I'm gaming, which is annoying but hard to prevent. But maybe you meant something different?

thank you guy's for an awesome first time online sim racing, i am definitely gonna practices more and join on further events, also thanks for all advise and support! you make the world a better place! ;):):thumbsup:

In Windows 10 Version 1709 Pro Update & Security - Windows Update - in the Advanced Options there is slider to Pause Updates. I have it off now as the installation of 1803 continually crashes.

The thumbnail below is for 1803 Home Version.

Attachments

• Advanced Options.PNG
    Advanced Options.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 163
Front: if I go lower than 22 I get understeer.
Rear: if I go higher than 17 I lose rear traction and can't push.
Freaky. I will have to try higher pressures at the front, but I'm totally confused now because AC aggressively punishes incorrect pressures (much more than non-optimal temperatures) and so I'd have expected you to have less front grip (and more understeer) with pressures above optimal. :O_o:

In Windows 10 Version 1709 Pro Update & Security - Windows Update - in the Advanced Options there is slider to Pause Updates. I have it off now as the installation of 1803 continually crashes.

The thumbnail below is for 1803 Home Version.
Hmm, I used to have a "Pause updates" option but I seem to recall that got removed quite a while ago. This is what I get in the Update advanced options window now (version 1709, build 16299.431):
upload_2018-5-10_19-43-21.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years