AC Social Event: BMW M235i @ Brands Hatch GP - Tue 20Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Can someone advise if this was my fault? I was pretty sure It wasnt so I didnt stop. It was crazy start and I was watching everything, just didnt expect this to come from left side :(
mod edit: please no names in videos. Hit ctrl+L to disable them before recording. Reply to the video is in the next post :)

Thanks for asking. My personal view is that you weren't at fault - I also watched the incident from an onboard view from your car.
Absolutely! A race start is always intense and stressful!
You got tapped at the right rear so you couldn't really move to the right. Also the car that goes off has to check if it's clear to return.
Could you gave the left car a bit more space? Sure!
But the car on your left turns into you although the run-off patch would've allowed to stay on the left a bit longer and go back on the tarmac a little more carefully! :)

To learn from it: maybe give a bit more space in such situation but you did nothing wrong and are not at fault!

Thanks guys. I now see I had space on the right but I was so stressed I didnt want to bump into anyone. This is my second race with u guys and I love it so far. Always really nice races. I was worried I would get the 30 days ban
It's always easy to see what you could've done better when watching the replay :p:D
While in the car on track... No chance! But that's why it's important to watch replays if things happened that might be good to learn from. Thumbs up from me for checking the situation on your own and asking! :)
Glad that you joined us and I hope you'll stay long! :thumbsup:

Sorry ****, I didn't realize we touched that way on the first corner. Now I was able to watch Tomáš Kratochvíl's replay (mine was only 15 last minutes). I watched many times and I'm not sure if it was my fault, maybe I was too aggressive with braking, if so I apologize. I was expecting you to move to the outside, not the inside at that point, but I already lost you from my vision and happened so fast...
Anyway it was my third race on the club so far, so I keep learning. It was really fun for me and the whole race was pretty clean. So happy to be here :)

So seldom is a race at the rear of the pack any fun, today was a bit different. I avoided all contact so I got to have drivers behind me for a bit, this happens at times. Incidents meant the driver on the grid just in front of me got away, no chance for a few laps with him. Even as those unfortunate ones gained and passed me others did not fair well and I could always see someone and not just drivers lapping from behind! In the last few laps we ended up a close bunch, two unfortunates, the driver that was quicker than me in quali and myself. We had a fine romp all the way to the flag for some good fun

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 221 14.3%