AC Social Event: BMW M235i @ Barcelona Moto - Tue 15May18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
This track is an eater of tyres... and also - anyone else having fps/micro-stutter issues here only? sector 1 seems pretty awful on the eyes despite the FPS app reporting 65fps there.

Not sure how much I'm going to enjoy this - several hours of practice and I've not remotely got this track/car combo - but I'll give it a go.

Next track will be Vallelunga. A track where practice and skill really shows. Not easy to get the car rotated enough in the hairpins and drift out of them to be fast on the straights!

Thread will be online in the morning! :)

• Deleted member 387850

Next track will be Vallelunga. A track where practice and skill really shows. Not easy to get the car rotated enough in the hairpins and drift out of them to be fast on the straights!

Thread will be online in the morning! :)

That could be tempting! Vallelunga was one of my first races at RD* in the MX-5 Cup and TT Cup and I really like the circuit! Haven’t driven the M235i but no time like the present I guess!

* actually, my first race was Monza ‘66 in the TT Cup but I’d rather not think about it :D

Thanks to @Neilski and @RasmusP for yet another great event, and Rasmus, huge thanks for your help with my TS issue, really appreciated:thumbsup:

Whoever went off at the start on main straight, sorry I couldn't give you more rom to rejoin, had 2 cars on my right ;)

Thanks for the clean race everyone:D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, for a short time near the front it was great to see and learn from The Aliens!

Last edited:
Great evening guys. Thanks Neil for hosting and being such a good sport ;) in allowing most of us to get ahead after 1 lap. It was nice to race with one of the top guys for a change although us back markers knew we were going to get caught and overtaken.

I watched the race replay from your position and it was interesting to note how suddenly with a car on our rears - our lines and car control got ragged :rolleyes:

Regards,

Paddy

Oh, and here's the usual reminder about this car being a low-revving beast - the power curve shown in the launcher is wrong and so you should fetch the updated JSON file from this thread if you use Sidekick for optimal gear shifts. Makes a difference to both your speed and fuel consumption, from what I can see.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back