AC Social Event: BMW 235i @ Nurburgring GP-GT - Tue 20Mar18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Bobby , can you sign me in or it's too late ? :)
Never too late ;)
8029245_bmw-m2-pace-cars-drifting-at-laguna-seca_t8d481d07.jpg

Ahlan we sahlan :)

Do you have TeamSpeak? If not, I can help you set it up for tonight :) we can talk on my Discord server

Came late, could not qualify, and then got a drive through by jumping the start.

Was fun catching and fighting people, but involed on two accidents. Sorry Andrew and Keith for the collisions.
funny me too - sorry to hear it Fernando! I had my first jumped grid...and I got disqualified, so I had to leave! What was I supposed to do to make up for the jump start?? Hope y'all had a fun race!!

I think it's time we revisit something.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
You can find everything about the rules here, but these are the consequences. Not my rules, but I have to enforce them. If you go out from time to time and it's an accident, I understand. What I saw tonight was not an accident. I just want us all racing by the same rules.

(#)Set system of punishment for breach of rules (other than the Golden Rule) in club events.
  • 1st offense: PM warning explaining the rule broken, and potential penalty for next infraction.
  • 2nd offense: Two week racing ban.
  • 3rd offense: 30 day racing ban.
  • 4th offense: 1 year racing ban.

I think it's time we revisit something.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a complete lift of the gas please if it is safe to do so.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
You can find everything about the rules here, but these are the consequences. Not my rules, but I have to enforce them. If you go out from time to time and it's an accident, I understand. What I saw tonight was not an accident. I just want us all racing by the same rules.

(#)Set system of punishment for breach of rules (other than the Golden Rule) in club events.

• 1st offense: PM warning explaining the rule broken, and potential penalty for next infraction.
  • 2nd offense: Two week racing ban.
  • 3rd offense: 30 day racing ban.
  • 4th offense: 1 year racing ban.

Yeah, I think I was a bit guilty of that one. Was going wide in turn 4 every second or third lap unintentionally, but I didn't realize it was actually beneficial time-wise, so I didn't make a huge effort to correct it. I made sure to keep it together after you and Tariq mentioned it. Sorry about that.

funny me too - sorry to hear it Fernando! I had my first jumped grid...and I got disqualified, so I had to leave! What was I supposed to do to make up for the jump start?? Hope y'all had a fun race!!

Same happened to me. Particularly frustrating since I was already at the very back of the grid, and came to a complete stop and waited until everyone else had already started moving. But those are the rules, no argument there. My fault for not seeing the warning message which was apparently on my left monitor as I'm running triple screen. Lesson learned!

I believe the penalty is to drive through pit lane within the first three laps? And presumably AI takes over or at least a pit speed limiter turns on?

It's a simple drive through the pits penalty. I've had my share of them. Qualied 3rd in an EU race only to jump start. It sucks, but that's the way it is. I think you have 2 to 3 laps to serve the penalty from when you get the penalty. I always just serve it on that lap or the next one. Haven't been disqualified yet. Hope this helps;)

Last edited:
Yeah, I think I was a bit guilty of that one. Was going wide in turn 4 every second or third lap unintentionally, but I didn't realize it was actually beneficial time-wise, so I didn't make a huge effort to correct it. I made sure to keep it together after you and Tariq mentioned it. Sorry about that.
That's all I'm asking. We all go wide from time to time. On turn 4 you can carry more speed through there and benefit down that little short shute straight. The only problem is trying to keep all 2 wheels in so I tend to be a little slower than some guys because I have to keep 2 wheels in.

Thank you for understanding, being honest and correcting it on the fly. We have a bunch of great guys, but of all night to not push the limits too much it's on a Social Night. New guys follow our lead so to speak.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%