SObject: Want sections to stay horizontal

Hi chaps. Did searches, did not find answers.

I have created a start, pattern and end section in Sketchup for this SObject - and it works, just not the way I want it to.

If you look at the photo of the real pits at Roy Hesketh, you see that the sections of the pits stepped down as the pit lane goes downhill.
n7169184567254654385.jpg

Now if you look at a test screen of the SObject, in the background, you see that it forms a perfect line down the hill. The objects in the foreground are seperate objects placed like I'd like the SObect to behave.

pitsectionsample.jpg

Is there a way of setting up the sections to stay horizontal like this, and not have to use separate objects to create the pits.

Thanks
P

Open the SObject window, select Object Pieces. Set Grounding to 'Object is lowered to ground underneath' and then select 'Curve with Spline'. Seems a bit contradictory but it works with one of my SObjects.

There you go, solved.

Thank you R Soul. That configuration in the properties worked perfectly. The pits are taking on a very original look now. Now all I have to do, is remodel the flat section where people stand on top of them, as the step downs can be seen straight through each step as they are not thick enough. Brilliant, thanks, I'll get these working 100% soon.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 405 40.1%