So, Who's Looking Forward to VR Coming to ACC?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update.jpg

Only 17 days to go until the new build release of Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with release 2 comes VR.... so who's excited then?

VR, or Virtual Reality, is a relatively new and increasingly popular gaming technology where a player who uses one of the various VR headsets can experience their title of choice in a more immersive three dimensional environment, placing the gamer in the car rather than watching on from a flat 2D screen as has traditionally been the case in game consumption up to this point.

Obviously an ability to feel more at one with the car as is the case with VR is a significant advantage in the quest for sim racing immersion, and as such recent months have seen an increasingly large and vocal section of our community extolling the virtues of this technological breakthrough in modern sim racing.

Now with Assetto Corsa Competizione publicly available and on the road to a fully complete release by the first quarter of 2019, it is getting ever closer to the build update that brings VR to the title, something that I'm pretty sure a fair collection of people here at RD are excited to try out for the first time.

Not only does build two come with VR compatibility for the first time, but also players will be granted access to the Bentley Continental GT3 (old version, new spec coming at V1.00) and the Misano World Circuit, plus further updates to the game itself that include new feature implementation of a "basic" pit stop, SuperPole and various ranking improvements. All very exciting stuff.

So with ACC having been out a little while now and with big updates in the works, the question is - are you excited for build 2 this October 10th?

You can check out the current release roadmap and pricing schedules HERE.
Our early pre release first impressions 'Talk n Drive' video can be viewed HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione (build 1) is available to purchase on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 5.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting new sim from the makers of the hit Assetto Corsa title. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

So then, looking forward to ACC going VR, plus the new Bentley and Misano in just 17 days time? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

any changes that they made on AC? i have been using oculus rift on AC and it works fine for me on Gforce1080. dirt rally gives me 5min before i vomit.
AC has lock to horizon or you can utilize RHM for even more natural head/view movement smoothing effect.
In Dirt Rally your head is just bobbing around.

My 1060 is hardly able to handle VR in ACC...
By the way... why the heck the old Bentley GT3 is on the picture above? Already on dev photos the old one is shown. In 2018 the old one only runs in the British and Asia series.

I just started using VR in AC and Race Room in the last 10 days. The first time I tried it I got nauseated after 2 laps. I researched and saw a You Tube video Dan DiMaggio recommending that when starting VR to only race a few laps and build up gradually....to stop BEFORE the nausea starts. I have been doing that and up to about 13 laps without nausea. I think this approach is working.
It is a known fact in the real simulator world that if screen frequency lags motion, sickness is induced.
It is for that reason that when we have new people in the simulator for the first time, we ask them to look down for a few seconds if they're feeling nauseous.
Though you are sitting to simracing, the simulation of movement is still represented.
Lower your visual settings to keep the screen frequency always out front...then gradually increase the visuals and you won't suffer quite as much in VR.

I just started using VR in AC and Race Room in the last 10 days. The first time I tried it I got nauseated after 2 laps. I researched and saw a You Tube video Dan DiMaggio recommending that when starting VR to only race a few laps and build up gradually....to stop BEFORE the nausea starts. I have been doing that and up to about 13 laps without nausea. I think this approach is working.
Thats great. For me though ive had this problem for years - even on normal screens - and i stop when i feel it coming on. Doesnt matter. I have it all day until i wake up the next day, and then i cant do any sim racing for a few days. I think mine is a medical problem probably even though i never been motion sick in my life before. Nearing middle age might have something to do with it. :D

Thats great. For me though ive had this problem for years - even on normal screens - and i stop when i feel it coming on. Doesnt matter. I have it all day until i wake up the next day, and then i cant do any sim racing for a few days. I think mine is a medical problem probably even though i never been motion sick in my life before. Nearing middle age might have something to do with it. :D
i'm with you alex, don't think i could do the 90 min plus games i used to enjoy anymore going on 55 years, and this is all on just plain flat screen with fps of 80+ i'm fine with 45 mins and thankfully, iRacing gives me just that. don't think i will ever even try vr.

Last edited:
U just tried every day? I have a new Lenovo Explorer sitting on my desk , i tried 5 min , barely maked to bathroom to puke and after 3 days my head still spinning :(, never touched since.
Immersion is on another level tho, u can't realize it from youtube videos, must try
I know this feeling quite well. Still, I managed to get over it because I can get pretty stubborn if I've set my mind on a goal.

For some reason driving games were the worst, at the beginning 1min time limit or bathroom it is. Especially rolling motions over the curbs absolutely killed me.

Try some other games, for me Elite Dangerous was easy enough to play a good 30min at the beginning and over time I was able to lengthen my AC sessions gradually, too.

Just don't force it till you puke, if you feel unwell stop before it gets to bad. Also you might try some ginger products, drinking a glass of ginger ale 10min before the VR session helped me a lot.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back