So when we see RRE on consoles?

I can't see it happening purely because R3E doesn't offer the things your average console racer is looking for, principally no career mode and no road cars. That could change of course but I get the impression Sector3's focus is on thoroughbred race cars and 'real' racing, if you will.

They tried it before with RACE Pro and that was a flop, although it's fair to say that game didn't do itself any favours. Graphics and UI looked dated plus there were bugs. A half-arsed effort. I'm sure Sector3 would do a better job with R3E if a console release ever becomes a consideration.

From a selfish point of view I hope R3E remains PC focused and stays just as it is.

no road cars
200_s.gif

Let's hope it stays that way. No road cars is always a big bonus :thumbsup:

They tried it before with RACE Pro and that was a flop, although it's fair to say that game didn't do itself any favours. Graphics and UI looked dated plus there were bugs. A half-arsed effort.
Despite its various issues and shortcomings, Race Pro was as close to a PC level sim as the Xbox 360 got. RP sold over 100,000 copies from what I recall which isn't too bad for Race '07 running at 30fps.

There is more to the story...Race Pro was rushed out, thanks to Atari (they did the same to TDU2):rolleyes:

Let's have R3E get out of Alpha/Beta first before we talk about such a thing ;)

But ya, i think without a career mode and without a car collector touch to it, i don't know if it's really fitting in the console market?
Don't forget that releasing on consoles is a pain in the butt (validation process) and costs a lot of licensing, so a console release isn't even remotely as fun as a PC release for the devs.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back