So VR performance is bad but what about flat screen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Curios what hardware people run to get stable 60 FPS in 4K all Ultra.
I am on 1080Ti, i9-9900K, both overclocked and can't achieve smooth gameplay with full grid, even hotlapping on wet track is stutterry in places.
VR is completely different story, I just gave up on it with ACC.

• Deleted member 197115

If you are after good VR experience, look somewhere else, sorry as much as I love the brand, UE4 choice was a fatal mistake from the team.
These are good VR titles:
- AC
- R3E
- DR 2.0
- rFactor2
- PCars2
- iRacing

I'm running a 3800x with a 2070 super and it has micro-stutters if I don't have v-sync on...
Looking to check memory timings or maybe even a different memory kit as Ryzen are quite sensitive to RAM although you're running Intel so you wouldn't have those issues...

I am on 1080Ti, i9-9900K, both overclocked and can't achieve smooth gameplay with full grid, even hotlapping on wet track is stutterry in places.

I've been doing some reading around and the general findings are that for 4k gaming with modern graphically intensive titles then even the RTX 2080 Ti only just makes it through the 60FPS barrier for most modern titles, and then it's puffing and panting. Of course if you're playing older less intensive titles then 4k gaming is perfectly possible

However ACC is making a name for itself as the "Crysis" of sim racing titles.

Check out this video of version 1.0.0 of ACC in 4K at epic settings

This guy is only just scraping past 60FPS with a serious overclock on an RTX 2080 Ti. The GPU is almost pinned at 100% usage and given the relatively low temperature of 55°C on the GPU I'm guessing he's also running water cooling on the card - best I've achieved on an air cooled stock RTX 2080 Ti at 100% is 61°C, and that's with damned aggressive fan curve.

Honestly if you're on anything less than that you'll need to knock the settings down. First one to kill would be the volumetric fog, and even in the video this is only set to high.

Conclusion - ACC in 4K with full grid at epic settings isn't going to happen for the vast majority of us.

My rig Ryzan 9 3900x. Msi 570 gaming plus Motherboard. msi nvideo 2080ti. 32 gb
ddr4 ram. game runs on a 1 terabyte m.2 drive. I run 32inch 75 hz triples and at epic settings I get roughly 65 to 70 fps.
normally I use nvideo optimised setting from GeForce experience and then I am 100 FPS plus these are all on full grids.this sim is graphically demanding.

Last edited:
here's a pic as requesed

Attachments

• IMG_0817.JPG
    IMG_0817.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 229
Previous on sale I tested ACC, triples 1440p, i7-7700K 5Gz and 1080TI SLI, all water cooled and overclocked.
At 75% downscale and rather low setting I could get 85fps hotlap, 45-60fps in race but then the visual quality was low. Using acceptable (but still reduced) settings 25 to at best 60fps.

SLI scaling seems bad, both GPU at 99% load all the time, even in menus. I returned it after 2h, in current state it was not playable in my setup.

• Deleted member 197115

I've been doing some reading around and the general findings are that for 4k gaming with modern graphically intensive titles then even the RTX 2080 Ti only just makes it through the 60FPS barrier for most modern titles, and then it's puffing and panting. Of course if you're playing older less intensive titles then 4k gaming is perfectly possible

However ACC is making a name for itself as the "Crysis" of sim racing titles.

Check out this video of version 1.0.0 of ACC in 4K at epic settings

This guy is only just scraping past 60FPS with a serious overclock on an RTX 2080 Ti. The GPU is almost pinned at 100% usage and given the relatively low temperature of 55°C on the GPU I'm guessing he's also running water cooling on the card - best I've achieved on an air cooled stock RTX 2080 Ti at 100% is 61°C, and that's with damned aggressive fan curve.

Honestly if you're on anything less than that you'll need to knock the settings down. First one to kill would be the volumetric fog, and even in the video this is only set to high.

Conclusion - ACC in 4K with full grid at epic settings isn't going to happen for the vast majority of us.
I am playing most modern AAA titles at 4k/60 at max settings. Real world scenarios, not internet reading.
There are some badly optimized ouliers like Ghost Recon Wildland, but very few.
Plus all VR titles mentioned, no issues hitting stable 90fps at 250% SS (SteamVR), with some graphics tweaks.
So no, it is not hardware.

I am playing most modern AAA titles at 4k/60 at max settings. Real world scenarios, not internet reading.
There are some badly optimized ouliers like Ghost Recon Wildland, but very few.
Plus all VR titles mentioned, no issues hitting stable 90fps at 250% SS (SteamVR), with some graphics tweaks.
So no, it is not hardware.

Including ACC? at 90FPS in VR? on max settings?

What's your rig?

Curios que as pessoas de hardware executar para obter estável 60 FPS em 4K todos ultra.
Estou em 1080Ti, i9-9900K, tanto overclocked e não pode alcançar jogabilidade suave com grade completa, mesmo hotlapping na pista molhada é stutterry em alguns lugares.
VR é uma história completamente diferente, eu desisti dele com ACC.
[/CITAÇÃO]
Hello! I do not know English. I use Google translator ok? I have a 1070ti, AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Rift S. I broke my head a lot to get a great monitor setup and a good VR. In this link you can see these settings. I still keep working to improve.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    613.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    437.3 KB · Views: 193
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    452 KB · Views: 189
I have had to drop down to single screen on this title to get the graphics to an acceptable level whilst not cooking my gpu/cpu .
I could run at 60fps on my triples but graphics looked terrible at low settings and was working the pc way to hard even with an aggressive fan curve set using msi.

I have a 1080ti gpu.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 315 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing