So VR performance is bad but what about flat screen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 197115

• Deleted member 197115

Curios what hardware people run to get stable 60 FPS in 4K all Ultra.
I am on 1080Ti, i9-9900K, both overclocked and can't achieve smooth gameplay with full grid, even hotlapping on wet track is stutterry in places.
VR is completely different story, I just gave up on it with ACC.

• Deleted member 197115

Bumping this up for more input on flat screen settings for 4K that don't degrade image quality much.

Haven't donned the VR goggles yet but performance seems fine on flat screen.
I did notice that when the camera transitions to different views on certain tracks, there can be a bit of a skip.
Not sure if there is a relation but all-in-all great update.

• Deleted member 197115

Haven't donned the VR goggles yet but performance seems fine on flat screen.
I did notice that when the camera transitions to different views on certain tracks, there can be a bit of a skip.
Not sure if there is a relation but all-in-all great update.
System spec, resolution, fps, settings?

I am struggling to get consistent 60fps at 4k on Epic or High with 1080Ti, i9-9900K.
What are the most fps hungry options that can be dropped or lowered.

• Deleted member 197115

Guess I need to quit struggling trying to make it run at 4K :(

I run ACC in VR, going back to screens isn't an option, I don't have a way of mounting a monitor.

I do have to make some sacrafices, but I'm fine with that. Since upgrading my card I have to make less sacrifices, and it's not like I'm every going to get a pin sharp image in my oculus rift. Obviously could be better but it's perfectly playable to me.

I run i9-9900k with 2080 ti SLI (forcing AFR2). Prefer to run 120-130% 4K resolution, so I bump the following settings down with little to no noticeable visual impact:
- view distance: high
- shadows: high
- shadow distance: mid-high
- foliage: mid-high (foliage LOD still epic)
- volumetric fog: off

triple screen setup here with 7680x1440p (144hz, gsync)
recent ACC and earlier ACC versions.

can never get above 70-80fps, some days 85-90fps on low settings, but that's it.
epic/ ultra = 30-40fps max.
high/ medium = 40-50fps max.
medium = 50-70fps max.
low/ off = 70-80fps

PC is i9-9900K, 32GB RAM, 2080Ti amp extreme, nvme and optane and blable. all useless when it comes to ACC.

@Vunnible, what are your actual screen resolution and fps, single screen i assume?

@Peter Klawitter , have same monitor setup but 1080TI in SLI & 7700K 5GHz.

Got similar result during hotlap, SLI scaling seem bad, had +98% GPU load even in menus... Don't remember if I tried to force AFR2, returned it after 2 hours.

Hope it get better, kind of pointless to force potato settings to get 80 fps or more in traffic. Might take a chance againg during a sale, overall the first impression was god.

Last edited:
@Vunnible, what are your actual screen resolution and fps, single screen i assume?

Got similar result during hotlap, SLI scaling seem bad, had +98% GPU load even in menus... Don't remember if I tried to force AFR2, returned it after 2 hours.

Single screen, 65” 4K TV. AFR2 made all the difference. AFR1 was garbage.

FPS uncapped is around 120 using vsync fast, maybe 100 with a full grid/rain/etc. I limit to 90 to keep the gpu’s around 65C.

Frame times are spikey if I go full epic and 120%+ resolution. If I drop the settings mentioned earlier it’s smooth at 120%; online during CP races I’ll drop it to 110% to be safe.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing