So sick of this. When will GPU prices go down?

Oh well. My new computer with old GTX970 runs Assetto Corsa fine. Arma 3 runs ok too.
But when Mount&Blade: Banner Lord comes out in (March? :rolleyes: ), I'll pick up whatever the best card ~$300 will get me.

i5-9600KF / 16GB DDR4 / GTX970 / Windows10

Oh well. My new computer with old GTX970 runs Assetto Corsa fine. Arma 3 runs ok too.
But when Mount&Blade: Banner Lord comes out in (March? :rolleyes: ), I'll pick up whatever the best card ~$300 will get me.

i5-9600KF / 16GB DDR4 / GTX970 / Windows10
I upgraded mine primarily for ACC but honesty Competizione doesn’t look that great. I still think AC looks better much more clear.

I upgraded mine primarily for ACC but honesty Competizione doesn’t look that great. I still think AC looks better much more clear.

I have a GTX 1080 and the opposite is true for me. At QHD, ACC looks pin sharp and much more realistic than AC. What screen resolution are you running at (as most people who complain seem to be using 1080p)?

I have a GTX 1080 and the opposite is true for me. At QHD, ACC looks pin sharp and much more realistic than AC. What screen resolution are you running at (as most people who complain seem to be using 1080p)?

Yes 2560x1080 on a 34” ultra wide. Probably most of the problem is my screen size. I’ve tried it all. ACC does look incredible at night just can’t get on with the daytime unreal engine blur.

Not sure what settings guys are using within ACC.
It is quite good visually single screen and in WMR at 1080p with my GTX1080Ti.
Maybe it is time to post some in-game settings to see if some adjustments can be compared and tried.

Not sure what settings guys are using within ACC.
It is quite good visually single screen and in WMR at 1080p with my GTX1080Ti.
Maybe it is time to post some in-game settings to see if some adjustments can be compared and tried.

Looks great, but that's not a true representation of what the image looks like in VR. Unless it's taken via camera through the hmd. That's the trouble with YouTube 2d captures.

Just went ahead and bought the GTX1660S. Newegg had the Gigabyte 3-fan version for $250, <2 weeks backorder. Maybe I'll buy a fancy new AAA game to play around with over the Holidays. ;)
I like the fact that the 16xx series has low power-draw, and have had perfect reliability with Gigabyte over the past decade. Thinking about what yall said, "if you wait around, you'll wait forever."

Just went ahead and bought the GTX1660S. Newegg had the Gigabyte 3-fan version for $250, <2 weeks backorder. Maybe I'll buy a fancy new AAA game to play around with over the Holidays. ;)
I like the fact that the 16xx series has low power-draw, and have had perfect reliability with Gigabyte over the past decade. Thinking about what yall said, "if you wait around, you'll wait forever."
Excellent choice. Best budget GPU around.

Amazing card.

I just ordered a ASUS ROG Strix 2070 super. Is there any way to benchmark my current setup in ACC? I'd like to see what kind of difference there is between it and my 1070. In VR.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.8%