So sick of this. When will GPU prices go down?

Yea... you are right.
Last week myself I bought the 2080ti paying 1470$!
It’s a great GPU, but is it worth 1470$? No way, NO WAY.

You can either use games that needs 2080ti´s(and pay:sneaky:) - or you can accept games that is satisfied with something like 1060-1070.
As example you dont need 2080´s for iRacing or Raceroom in more or less maxed quality.:)

It's still ridiculous. But I guess they're selling them. I've been trying to buy a RTX 2060 Super for a while. Been watching it stay at $400 since August. I can really only budget $350. Willing to wait as my GTX970 is still decent for what I do.
But, that GTX1660 Ti at $280 is starting to look appealing.

The price of graphics cards has really increased a lot. The first time I really noticed it start to climb above the historic norm in terms of $/mm^2 was with the 7970 and 680 generation and since then the price per mm^2 of silicon has just kept rising. We now pay 2x as much per mm^2 than the prior normal. The process price did go up somewhat, by like 20-30% for a wafer start but it didn't go up this much.

Maybe Intel entering into the GPU market next year will shake things up, I sure hope we start to see more reasonable prices with a bit more competition but I fear they are here to stay since people evidently are willing to pay them,

Just picked up a 2060 super, massive upgrade from a 1050ti.
I guess as with anything else supply and demand has a lot to do with price so if the world stops buying gpus for a few months prices will crash.

My RTX over 2 years will cost me $1.60AU per day
Plus get back what ever I can sell it for then $400AU- $500AU

I used to waste more then that a day on "stuff"....donut costs more

images.jpg

Last edited:
Normally it just mean that the card is slightly overclocked seen against the standard clock rate(s) infoed from nVidia.
They just max out the performance of these cards with there own cooling design. Yes, it's OCing. And yes the cooling design is often better and less noisy. But most of the time the performance gain you get, if any!!, is nothing compared to the extra price. And in most sim racegames it is often not even noticeable. I have an Asrock AMD RX580 OC, cheapest of it's kind and due to the airplane noise i custom cooled it myself. Cost me 215 Euro's incl. custom cooling and all sims run nice and smooth

My RTX2080 manual OC is 150MHz+ core and 900MHz + memory

Thing is if I turn down 3900X and RTX to stock all my sims in 1440p Gsync still run the same ....ie visuals and smoothness

edit...

Last edited:
On this 2060 super afterburner has an Auto-OC scanner feature I'm unsure about. Do you guys recommend or have you tried it? Is it safe?

I would look in threads deal with your specific card
Go to MSI forums you surely find someone doing the same

The thread I looked at for my card (Gigabyte RTX2080 Gaming OC ) said put power to max (108%) and 150+ 900+ overclock ( See pic above ) and it worked fine

Every model will be different ;)

P.S. Using more power/voltage then the maximum AB allowed (108%)
They said using more in other software produced nothing I took their word for it

Oh another thing see the max temp allowed 88C ....it never got anywhere near that in O/C benching

Last edited:
On this 2060 super afterburner has an Auto-OC scanner feature I'm unsure about. Do you guys recommend or have you tried it? Is it safe?
The GPUCard from 3rd party vendors often come with this kind of "OC Software". Asrock provides software with 3 different Clockspeeds: Silent, Normal and Gamemode but the last mode is above the advertised clockspeed so when i set that i'm officially OC-ing it. I would suggest you set/leave you're CPU and GPU in default mode and you're Ram on wat the XMP file says and just test you're system by gaming or maybe stresstest even... I do not recommend using any kind of OC Software. OC-ing is a choice you make and a sort of hobby for some people. But if you just want a good game PC with steady performance for you're heavy games for a couple of year's, OC is never a good idea. You already have a good and fast CPU and GPU so stability is wat you seek now i think, so you can run games at a constant higher FPS. The Ryzen 3900x cpu is already optimized by AMD themselfs and has little headroom for OC-ing it.
Only upgradeable part is RAM with XMP filew@ 4000 MHz as the latest Ryzen cpu's can benefit from higher ram clockspeed but that is it
OC-ing always is tempering with the instability and you must at least be prepared!!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%