So RF2? sell it to me :)

So i have all current and old school sims apart from RF2.
My favourites being ACC,AC,R3E and AMS ,iracing is just too expensive imo.
I tried RF2 3 or 4 years ago and i got a refund from steam,could be just i was into other sims at the t time or the fact it looked absolutely terrible.
Either way im curious now as im hearing more and more about its FFB and physics.
Am i really missing out?
I heard there is a lot involved to get the game to look good ?
Ofcourse FFB and physics are most important but i dont want to play an ugly game, videos ive watched recently suggest its no longer the ugly runt of the litter?

I should add that while i can be found online racing 80% of my racing time is being immersed in single player racing so AI is very important to me also :)

Last edited:
Compared to 3-4 years ago, rF2 have taken giant steps both regarding graphics and overall performance. To be honest the not so user friendly UI and the need for tweaking different files to optimize setting might still be a thing, but we keep crossing our fingers for the new UI to be release, who knows maybe even this year :D

If you are ok with the graphics of R3E and AMS, then IMO rF2 is better and I personally think it's very good if you skip older non dx11 content. But my hardware is rather new so I run most settings maxed out. Never really understand why some complains about it so much. Have not ACC or any upgraded version of AC so can't comment on them.

The new official content from S397 are on the top when it comes to FFB, handling and everything around that, again it's more like AMS than AC. If you into analyze things, using Motec you can note behavior of rF2 seems more realistic on many features compare to the same in an log file from AC.

Mods still a hit and miss, just like in other modable platforms like AC/AMS.

Then rF2 have better overall car tuning options and features like manual pit limiter, driver swap, dynamic road, weather and more (similar to AMS) compared to vanilla AC (and I assume R3E, gave it up when triples was not supported and now I don't have the time for another sim). Multi-class and the AI in general work good in rF2.

I still play lot of AC and AMS but since a year or so it have change from 30/70 to 70/30 in favor for rF2.

That's my opinion :D I know a fellow racer in a league who was running mostly AC who we hyped to try out rF2. He found it very hard and different (he was fast in AC, slow in rF2) so he gave it up pretty fast.

If you have time left on Steam, you can always try it for 2h (even if that's a bit short). Not sure the demo is updated to latest release standards?

Last edited:
If you have time left on Steam, you can always try it for 2h (even if that's a bit short). Not sure the demo is updated to latest release standards?
The demo has been updated last year or early this year. I didn't try it since I own the game for a few years but the demo is supposed to be a good preview of the game now.
The main point is really the driving feel: it makes forget all the rest, including all the annoying little bugs and unfinished stuffs. Once you're in car, you just driven and drive, and drive...:)

Restarted the demo twice and working now, not sure where to start with settings for t300 but wow im feeling a lot, feels similar to AMS but more defined and smoother if thats possible, i never thought anything would beat AMS ffb.
Id love some T300 recommended settings to try some more before buying the full game, feels great to drive so far.

@dcully There really is not much to set with rFactor 2. Personally, I'm using smoothing of 5 with a FFB minimum torque of 3 % (it's not really needed, but I like to boost the light forces just a tiny bit). Nothing else to set apart from the car specific multiplier, which varies greatly based on a car/track combo. With the official S397 GT/LMP cars, it's generally around 0.75 if you want to avoid most of the clipping (this applies regardless of which wheel you're using). If you're OK with more clipping, then set it higher or keep it at default 1.0 I guess.

My wheel settings are 85 % gain, the rest all at 95 % (yes, that includes damper and spring, there's no reason to set them at 0 like many suggest).

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Depending on your internet speed, lion portion of that time will be used by content downloading from Steam Workshop on first launch. It's all counted as play time.

Restarted the demo twice and working now, not sure where to start with settings for t300 but wow im feeling a lot, feels similar to AMS but more defined and smoother if thats possible, i never thought anything would beat AMS ffb.
Id love some T300 recommended settings to try some more before buying the full game, feels great to drive so far.
There's no magic settings just have the thrust master control panel all at default, set in game the FFB between 75-100 and min force between 0-2.5
Enjoy pure bliss

Thanks everyone, looking at the base gane plus the endurance and gt3 DLC it's looking pretty expensive. Is it ever on sale cheaper ? I've spent €550 on a new wheel and stand last week , the wife will kill me lol.
Playing some more of the demo and I'm beginning to see what all the fuss is about, physics and ffb feel in a class of their own.

Everytime i boot up the demo i have no ffb m loading presets no joy, making my own no joy, rebooting demo no joy, i was just about to buy this morning and thought id have one more try and no ffb again, not encouraging me to buy the game :(

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%