So much FUN!!

This game is a BLAST.... it is fun to blow off steam after you get wrecked in iRacing to go to this game and just cause HAVOC...If you have not tried it, go get it you will enjoy it... once they get some more cars it might take quite a bit of my time..hehe..The Physics are AMAZING...

Cheers
RJ

Oh yea, its a great pick up and play game just to have fun. My only complaint so far is the performance. I know its still an alpha or beta, and its probably related to all of the particles and physics going on but framerates really take a beating early in a race or derby when there's a lot of cars on screen. Even in a very high end PC like mine, my framerates start off well above 60fps and drop to around 30-40fps in the beginning of every event and then gradually go back up to 60+ again within a minutes or two after some of the on screen action has calmed down.

Oh yea, its a great pick up and play game just to have fun. My only complaint so far is the performance. I know its still an alpha or beta, and its probably related to all of the particles and physics going on but framerates really take a beating early in a race or derby when there's a lot of cars on screen. Even in a very high end PC like mine, my framerates start off well above 60fps and drop to around 30-40fps in the beginning of every event and then gradually go back up to 60+ again within a minutes or two after some of the on screen action has calmed down.

What sort of spec are you running? I'm thinking of getting this but maybe not if I'm going to struggle?

i5(3.4)
8GB DDR3
Win7
GTX660OC

What sort of spec are you running? I'm thinking of getting this but maybe not if I'm going to struggle?

i5(3.4)
8GB DDR3
Win7
GTX660OC

Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz
16GB of DDR3 at 2133MHz
Win 7
Two GTX 780's @ 1202MHz

SLI isn't working yet in this game so I'm only using one 780. I'm not sure what resolution you're running but I'm running it at 2560x1600 which is pretty high for a single display and much more demanding if you're running a lower resolution than I am.

The game is short on content but what it has is fun. There's really nothing else like it out there I know of. It reminds me a lot of Destruction Derby for the original Playstation, only this game looks very modern with all the effects. There's particles everywhere, tire stacks that break up into flying tires, concrete barriers that break into pieces when you hit them, car body parts that break off as you hit them, and whatever else you can destroy, there's also dirt and smoke, and the physics feel good with a wheel or 360 controller. I've played it with both. FFB works with a wheel but I'm not getting any rumble using a 360 controller at the moment.

I only run at 1080p so hopefully it'll run OK. The 660 is running at 1086 (ish)

You will likely get some slowdown in the early parts of a race or derby just like the rest of us but it starts to pick up after a minute or two and I'm willing to live with the brief moments of slow down for now since this game isn't a final product. It doesn't really detract from the fun of it.

This could be the best consistent arcade game not only in this year.
Demanding driving model, amazing damages and some cruelty factor is going to be perfect mix. Wheel (TC and antispin on!) and maxed settings in race shortcut.

Thanks @Michael Hornbuckle for the vid.

That looks really good. Was that with wheel? If so how is it, with ffb, precision, dead zone etc? That's my only concern, everything else I'm sure Bugbear can pull through.
It works good with a wheel, the car handling is definitely arcade but, I don't notice dead-zone or other steering issues. The game-play is fun and the crash physics are great entertainment.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%