So many t wheels out there which is best for around 300-400 pounds?

So many wheels out there which is best for around 300-400 pounds?

I brought a fanatec CSL elite and was not at all amused by it my previous wheel was a logitech g920 which was half the price but performed the same!

So yea I'm returning the fanatec wheel and was wondering if anyone knows which is the best wheel I can get for around 300-400 pounds

Got a T300 also: it is just plug and play in Automobilista, rFactor 1 & 2, Raceroom. GTR² is older and there some tweaks are needed. Don't think I have tried other games with it!
The CSL is still a pretty new wheel: its sdk is available for a few months already but not all games support it yet. That's why some adjustments are needed; it will become as plug-and-play as the other wheels.

Upvote 0
Got a T300 also: it is just plug and play in Automobilista, rFactor 1 & 2, Raceroom. GTR² is older and there some tweaks are needed. Don't think I have tried other games with it!
The CSL is still a pretty new wheel: its sdk is available for a few months already but not all games support it yet. That's why some adjustments are needed; it will become as plug-and-play as the other wheels.

Thank you and what is the difference between these, is it literally just the steering wheel and pedals? Are the wheel base the same, because one costs 200 pounds whereas the other is 300 pounds. If it is just the pedals and alcantara wheel then I am ok with going for the 200 pound one because I'm planning on purchasing thrustmaster T3PA PRO 3 Pedals anyway.

Thrustmaster T300 Racing Wheel Ferrari Alcantara

productimage.aspx

Thrustmaster T300 Racing Wheel Ferrari GTE Edition

productimage.aspx

Upvote 0
Yep, the base is the same. Steering wheels are different: the Alcantara one is slightly bigger (30cm in diameter vs 28cm), that does make a difference when driving. The finish is different too, the smaller one is plastic I think. I have the simple original rim with PS buttons and a plastic rim, the material looks similar; I wear cycling gloves to make sure I don't sweat too much but the feel is fine imho. You spotted well the other difference: 2 pedals vs 3. If you plan to buy the Pro pedal, even the 2 pedals set will do the job until you get it.

Upvote 0
Yep, the base is the same. Steering wheels are different: the Alcantara one is slightly bigger (30cm in diameter vs 28cm), that does make a difference when driving. The finish is different too, the smaller one is plastic I think. I have the simple original rim with PS buttons and a plastic rim, the material looks similar; I wear cycling gloves to make sure I don't sweat too much but the feel is fine imho. You spotted well the other difference: 2 pedals vs 3. If you plan to buy the Pro pedal, even the 2 pedals set will do the job until you get it.

Ok great this is how my basket is looking at the moment, just window shopping for now won't have the money till end of april lol

4ngkRIs.jpg

Hmmmm, sim racing is expensive maybe I will learn how to fly planes instead :roflmao:

Upvote 0
Can't say much about the wheels, but looking at your shopping cart and the playseat, might reconsider this. I own the exact modell myself, it's basically a solid starting point, a few issues I had:
- the seat wasnt really comfortable for me, I could feel the springs in it on my spine after longer sessions - I replaced it with an original Sparco 2nd hand seat and had some welding done to fix it properly - would never go back to the original seat
- the geometry where you place one foot on each side of the middle pole is quite anyoing if you want to heal-toe (and if you have large feet) - not sure if the TM pedals are adaptable enough to mount them for better access - it's certainly doable to manage heal-toeing with the playseat I think (I gave up learning it, only driving DirtRally so far, constantly left-foot braking anyway)

I plan to replace my playseat with something else, not yet decided what (probably the simetik one) as there is no budget left anyway.

Check here http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/recommendation-of-racing-rig.131686/ for further informations regarding racing stands - good luck with your shopping! Hope my comments help :)

Upvote 0
Echo what Gaudin said about the Playseat. You'll be much better off with a reclining seat. I've used both hardcore race seats, reclining office racing chairs and normal car seats from a scrap dealer. The last option is by far the cheapest and most comfortable, but sometimes lacks support in the lower back region, this can be solved with a small, soft pillow though.
The best option I've used is reclining racing office chairs with armrests and wheels removed and IN SUEDE, not leather! Leather is useless in summer periods because you cant breathe in it. I'm well aware that 95% of office racing chairs use leather, but there's a reason real race seats use suede/alcantara.
The most comfortable seat I've ever used was my living room sofa chair/armchair, but that required a custom wheel mount setup to reach me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%