F1 2014 So, is it any good?

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Are the effects of ERS delivered automatically in F1 2014?
Yes, they are. In previous games you had to press a button to activate KERS, but in F1 2014 there is no 'boost button' or 'overtake button', the power is applied automatically.

The F1 2014 game xbox version? Noticed it is in the xbox live Black Friday offer tomorrow....is it worth buying?

This is just my humble opinion. I got the Xbox live version when it was released and have been playing it regularly since then. I have also played all previous versions. Personally, I do not regret buying this. The formula rule changes and the way the game has interpreted them make it a new experience, with a new learning curve - which took me a time to get to grips with (feels very "new game"). The Spielberg and Sochi circuits present new circuit learning challenges, both very different to each other obviously.

I can't comment on assists, if you use them. However, in terms of the racing experience with the AI I feel I have experienced more dramatic, more wheel to wheel racing with this game during career mode than previous iterations of the game (especially, but not excusively, in the Merc) This could be a personal to me coincidence, of course, but I don't think so, on balance.

Williams is slightly disappointing, with the Ferrari rated higher in the game, compared to reality, but still an interesting drive.

ERS? I am not sure, but during P and Q I have detected, it seems to me, alternating laps with "more power", "less power" - which seems to be the case in the real world.

All in all, I am very pleased with the game and glad I bought it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 470 39.0%