So I played the demo of R3E, didn't like it, then spent $93.18 to unlock everything.

Edward Mowinckel

Call me Ed. Edward is okay, too.
I play a lot of racing games. Mostly sims, but I like arcade games, too. Anyway, I didn't like the demo. My wheel was fussy with it, I didn't like the car or the track. So I just forgot about it.

I saw all of everything was on sale, so I figure, I want to be able to experience all the major sims, rFactor 2, AMB, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, and R3E. I want to be able to have an informed opinion, so I figure, all right, after tax, $93.18 for this list of content? Fair deal. I am of the belief that modeling tracks and cars is hard, and so is fenagling licensing rights. This stuff costs money!

Boy am I glad I bit. Mid-Ohio, yusssssssss. Best track. Low tier formula cars, yusssssss. AI is rad and easy to drop into games with. My wheel is chatty but not verbose, it looks slick, also it has Mid-Ohio. Did I buy Road America too? Oh my god I don't even know how many cars and tracks I bought. Is there Formula Vee? Where the hell do I sign up for races?

I know exactly where to sign up for races. The calendar is right there.

I am going up the street to buy snacks because I am going to be doing a lot of pretend vrooming tonight.

Wow!

I wouldnt have spent the 100 bucks for a game with a demo i didnt like.
I like racing sims enough that I wanted to be able to compare it to all the others, it's the only one I've yet to get into. I could have done the "trial" thing, but whateverrrrrrrrr I don't want to "demo" a racing sim. I want to spend tons of time in it.

Having now played all the major sims on the market, AMB, rFactor 1/2, Assetto Corsa, R3E, and p.Cars if you wanna call that a sim (some do, some don't, that's okay!), I can say my favorite is I dunno. I dunno, man. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but AMB does have Stadium Super Trucks and that counts for a whole lot.

I like racing sims enough that I wanted to be able to compare it to all the others, it's the only one I've yet to get into. I could have done the "trial" thing, but whateverrrrrrrrr I don't want to "demo" a racing sim. I want to spend tons of time in it.

Having now played all the major sims on the market, AMB, rFactor 1/2, Assetto Corsa, R3E, and p.Cars if you wanna call that a sim (some do, some don't, that's okay!), I can say my favorite is I dunno. I dunno, man. They all have strengths and weaknesses, but AMB does have Stadium Super Trucks and that counts for a whole lot.
Stop wasting time now Ed with your DiGiorno pizza and sign up for the FR3 race man! :p

I am somewhat the same, I buy all of the racing games/sims. On one hand I think I will have time to race them all, I usually don't, and on the other hand I like to know what people or discussing, and I like to try mods. It's easier to see bias when you have them all :)
I'm a virtual racing mutt... or jack of all trades master of none :confused:

I am somewhat the same, I buy all of the racing games/sims. On one hand I think I will have time to race them all, I usually don't, and on the other hand I like to know what people or discussing, and I like to try mods. It's easier to see bias when you have them all :)
I'm a virtual racing mutt... or jack of all trades master of none :confused:

Yes, that. Jack of all trades master of none! I'm not great with any cars, in fact compared to a lot of people I'm bad, but I have fun.

With informing in the sticky thread you could've lowered the price by a third approximately. 98 dollars is not a bargain.

EDIT
Yes yes, it's 93 lol

Well ain't that a bother. Also keep in mind I had to pay tax because I live in WA state (I pay tax on any Steam transaction), the total was like $84 to start, then tax. Does everyone pay taxes on Steam transactions now, or just us in Washington?

Stop wasting time now Ed with your DiGiorno pizza and sign up for the FR3 race man! :p

If by some miracle I don't work Thursday night, and I'm not too busy moving, I'm down.

Also pizza is old hat, I make baked goods now;
http://imgur.com/a/prUFi
http://imgur.com/a/4gDRA
http://imgur.com/a/hWS48

Well ain't that a bother. Also keep in mind I had to pay tax because I live in WA state (I pay tax on any Steam transaction), the total was like $84 to start, then tax. Does everyone pay taxes on Steam transactions now, or just us in Washington?
No idea. I never buy via Steam wallet. But normal game purchases show the taxes included. It doesn't harm me, though, the price is the same in the end for me. Like I pay 25 Euros, then it says 20 Euros plus 5 Euros tax later on my receipt.

Yeah I can't beat you on the track but I can bake circles around you. What now?!
Aw crap...
moral+dilemma+ahead+.jpg

Yeah, I splurged on the Legends pack, it was a sensational deal for me given what I already earned. Now I have many, many more cars and tracks than hours. Its very overwhelming, you must be more burdened given the total package!!

I used to abhor the model of paying for "mods", but I think R3E does it better than anybody in this: they offer better packages with real savings. I've bought the DTM 13 and 15 experiences, then the Legends pack and I have more cars and tracks than I know what to do with. Whereas for AC and Pcars DLC, you get 6-7 cars (sometimes some undesireables) and 1 track for $7 usually. That's a stinky deal, IMO. And even the a la carte method for R3E works to an extent, if I want just the, say, Mustang in the DTM 92 pack, I can get it for $3, but be able to race against the whole class. That works! Whereas I've spent $13 on one car in iRacing and $11 on a track.

Also, when it comes to mods, I think that games and graphics and features are so advanced these days that modders have a hard time keeping up. There seems to me in most cases to be a distinct quality demarcation between "factory" and "aftermarket". For the most part I don't want to be bothered with keeping up with versions and installing, I have limited time to race, and I'd rather be racing than modifying and installing. I haven't even installed rFactor on my latest PC and dropped out of my regular league b/c they went from SCE back to rF...

Anyway, have fun!!! Hopefully I'll see you on track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back