So i got the Big Boss Mustang mod but ......

It is crashing for me too.. I am pretty sure it is installed correctly and generally if you download a compressed file and it is not complete it will not extract gracefully.
Only other mod I have installed at the moment is the track we were going to use for the last club race.

It does not appear in the difficulty selection screen either.

There are way too many different outdated readmes hidden around this package.. and none of them are marked as being the 100% current one.(though you can guess at it, like the ones saying to install it in the stock GTC-65 GT350 folder is obviously outdated)

On the download page it says:(also directory structure of the mod itself)
---Will not overwrite original GT350 files, as these will show as 'Shelby Boss 302' in GTC-TC-76 class---.
but in what /looks/ to be the latest crocko05 readme is says this:
---Will not overwrite original GT350 files, as these will show as 'Shelby Boss 302' in GTC-TC-65 class---.

I am sorry but I have to say that this mod was handled terribly. Once you get it working it may be great, but the documentation and trying to get it to work is terrible.

*Edit
Interestingly there is a post in the comments on page two(14th Sep 2011) where someone is asking why he needs a forza disc... That is common with mods that are ripped from forza and those come packed in actual installers...... I am thinking it is very likely that this files was buggered with and then re-uploaded and something was broken in the process. There is someone from 29th Nov 2009 who said he was crashing amid everyone else with positive comments. So idk what is going on.

*Edit
Oh, and I did just redownload it, I poked the name of the file into google and found a copy uploaded to mediafire.. still nogo.

To sum up the symptoms it does not appear in the showroom or the difficulty selection screen and GTL crashes when you try to use it. But it is listed in the GTC-GT-76 car list.

I hope I won't add to the confusion, but apparently there's more than one BOSS MUSTANG mod around??:eek:

The Boss 302 Mustang series that was run very succesfully by Carlos Diaz earlier this year in here the GTL Club, used version 1.2 of a mod called "1969 Boss 302 Mustang Trans-Am for GT Legends" by Big Ron and Team21

It is still the latest version and can be downloaded here: http://www.gtr4u.de/dl/69_Boss302_Mustang_V1.2.rar
I have just re-downloaded it just to be sure and it's running like a charm here in my game..

Inside the archive is a single Gamedata folder containing the Sounds and Teams folders; it places the Mustangs in the GTC-TC-76 class under their own name, '1969 Boss302 Mustang'; and installation is as easy and straightforward as it gets; just merge the Gamedata folder from the mod with the Gamedata folder in the game; no original files will be overwritten..

This should 100% headache-free, so maybe you guys got stuck with another Mod or an early version??

This is from the mod's readme (there's only 2 readme's in the entire archive!):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For installation unzip the 69Boss302_Mustang_V1_0.7z -file to the GTL- main folder.
Click ok to overwrite, nothing will be deleted, only the new files will be added.

For manual installation place the folders as follows

the folder "1969 Boss302 Mustang" to /GTL/GameData/Teams/GTC-TC-76
the folder "Boss302_SA" to /GTL/GameData/Sounds/Cars

No liability for any damage caused by installation.

Just be aware that this mod was updated to V1.2; I hope this is any help to you guys..

And on a side-note: If you like this one, you will like the Mercury Cougar for GT Legends - also by Team21.

http://www.gtr4u.de/database/gt-leg...y-cougar-for-gtl-by-team21-friends/index.html

(It's in german but just scroll down and press "Datei Herunterladen", next page fill in the Captcha-code and press "Absenden" and there you go)

[EDIT]
1.Obviously I missed the posts made about this in the Historic Racing Movies thread about this Mod yesterday. It is making sense to me now
2. Added a link to the Mercury Cougar
[/EDIT]

Thx Ian!
That mod seems to be a very old predecessor to the one we used in the Club series. Although it's a lot smaller in size, as it seems to be troublesome to get to work I'd advise anyone to stay away from it and try the link I posted above. You won't regret it!

Yeah, never realised there was another Boss mod kicking around. Never had any trouble with the one Carlos used in the racing club. THe Cougar is a bit trickier to drive and is unfortunately too slow to compete with the Boss, which is a shame as a series featuring the two would've been great. Still, it's a good mod in its own right but i've yet to sample it in an online race...

Yea, it did not take me long to cave and grab the 302 and cougar.

I kinda want to think that I am liking the feel of the Cougar slightly more than the Boss 302 but that might just be the lack of adjusting the setups.

:D

grab002gw.jpg

grab000q.jpg

grab001q.jpg

So i downloaded the "Legends Cars" mod for GTL and it crashes my game. Anybody else experience the same problem?
Specifically, it will work on one track then i'll goto a different track and will crash to desktop. WTF!!!. Its a great mod too, i have it for rFactor and i enjoy it very much.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back