F1 2011 So Hard! Like It Should Be!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
As a F1 Fanatic, I am very pleased with the game so far, all the little improvements make a huge improvement to the experience overall. First year career as a rookie at Force India and Sutil is spanking me (as he should) I cant get even within a second of his qually times yet (all sims on, all aids off, hardest diff) unlike winning the championship in my first year with lotus on F12010. I look at the times and how far I am behind my teammate and I picture what Eddie Jordan would be saying about me on TV and its not pretty. I hope I can improve enough to justify my seat :frown: Just putting it out there that I love the difficulty of the AI now and how it has improved the experience for me a huge amount.

Expert diff really feels like expert now and I love it! I'm driving the Lotus and I'm really having a hard time with that car, feels like it should be.

Heck, it's so understeery and loose that I have to really use high wing settings to get the car around the track and the only guys I can really compete with are the Lotus, HRT and Virgin dudes, well, kinda like real life!

Anyone mastered driving wet yet? Especially with TC off its really hard not to spin, and it feels like the AI is just ripping me to shreds in the rain.

Expert diff really feels like expert now and I love it! I'm driving the Lotus and I'm really having a hard time with that car, feels like it should be.

Heck, it's so understeery and loose that I have to really use high wing settings to get the car around the track and the only guys I can really compete with are the Lotus, HRT and Virgin dudes, well, kinda like real life!

Anyone mastered driving wet yet? Especially with TC off its really hard not to spin, and it feels like the AI is just ripping me to shreds in the rain.
Same here but in the Force India, mostly it's due to human error so need to stay focused more :)

Driving in the wet, preferably you need a wet setup (don't ask me about setups, I am worthless), shift sooner, especially when coming out of slow corners, put fuel mixture to lean and be easy on the throttle. Easier said then done I know, I'm not even close to be a rainmaster.

Was reading this guys (long) post

http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2011-game/65302-pc-my-impression-ai-on-legend-after-my-first-career-race.html

I don't know if this is something everyone has figured out and already knows but what he is saying about the spring rates is totally true, I set mine to 11-11 and I no longer struggle, top 10's, poles, wins in the force india, piece of cake now, if i was using 6-6 springs, no chance, the firmer the springs the better the car it seems, at every track I've tried so far.

Yup, just tested it out in time-trial. Was kinda wondering why I was 3 seconds off pace, but it all makes sense now :p

Heck, almost impossible to spin out with these settings, atleast in RBR/McLaren/Ferrari..wasn't the suspension something they remodelled for this year?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back