So excited for Samsung Odyssey Plus

Take this info for what it is.
But my latest monthly HW bible the german PCGH has just tested and rated the the AMD/Intel CPU for gaming(about 10 different modern games).
9700k as 97.9%
3700x as 93.8%
3600x as 89.5%
9600k as 84.9%

Is that stock or overclocked? 99xx has decent oc headroom.

If you’re doing sims mainly, get good ram and manually tune it. XMP is very loose settings. There’s a lot of performance to be had tuning ram on both intel and amd.

Can't you get a higher OC? with a average cooler you should hit 4.7-4.8 Ghz.
Maybe you got some other issues as your Cpu even without OC should be able to maintain 90 fps in Assetto Corsa!
I didn't really push too hard.. But yeah that is possible. But would it really make a difference?

I would think the R5 3600X or the Intel i5 9600KF as cheaper alternatives are worth looking at. I upgraded a few months ago from an Intel 3770 (non-k... boost @ 3.9ghz ) to an AMD R5 3600X (4.4ghz same as 3700x but less cores/threads) and I still experience the occasional stutter. Not to the same degree, or as often but it can be unplayable at times (i.e., for me @ Laguna in the AC RD race). I think Ernie @Kek700 has an i5 9600K and might be able to give you some guidance.
What motherboard, RAM and cooling are you using with that 3600X?
How do you have your drives configured for use?
What background running task are active?
I'm asking because I also own the 3600X and is is absolutely stutter-free in my application.
I run even the heaviest loaded ACC, without stutter on full cars.
I have my OS on a 1TB Crucial MX-500 drive and all the games reside on a 3TB 7200 RPM Hitachi Enterprise drive.
SATA drives are connected via SATA III cabling to the fastest 6Gb/s ports on my MSI X470 Gaming PLus board.
The cooling is handled by a 'blanketed', modified H212+
RAM is simply inexpensive Timetec DDR4 3600 with timings tightened.

Is that stock or overclocked? 99xx has decent oc headroom.
Its without oc.
The only thing I want to add to the numbers is that this HW magazine is the most serious (I know of).
And the last 10 years I have more or less build my own PCs after their recommendations.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Eventhough this rating is without oc then the guys on this magazine often also does test extreme oc on both CPUs and GPUs.:geek:

What motherboard, RAM and cooling are you using with that 3600X?
How do you have your drives configured for use?
What background running task are active?
I'm asking because I also own the 3600X and is is absolutely stutter-free in my application.
I run even the heaviest loaded ACC, without stutter on full cars.
I have my OS on a 1TB Crucial MX-500 drive and all the games reside on a 3TB 7200 RPM Hitachi Enterprise drive.
SATA drives are connected via SATA III cabling to the fastest 6Gb/s ports on my MSI X470 Gaming PLus board.
The cooling is handled by a 'blanketed', modified H212+
RAM is simply inexpensive Timetec DDR4 3600 with timings tightened.
ACC runs fine for me too and I don't have any heat issues. It just looks ugly in VR. I spent most of my PC budget for this year on a set of replacement pedals, and I skimped on the motherboard/memory - I'll probably replace the memory when my bank balance looks a bit healthier.

Also, don't forget to tune your RAM speed as that is very important with these older generation CPU's. Running DDR3 at 1600MHz will tank your FPS no matter what speed you run your CPU. Needs to be at least 2000/ 2133Mhz if you want to reach stable 90FPS without (a lot of) stutter.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back