So, DTM E is dead?

With an implementing of Multiplayer in RRE, I noticed that amount of people that are playing in DTM reaches about zero . I knew it before, that should it be, because S3S U dont need to do DTM standalone DLC, b.t.w. without pitstops, compounds and changeable weather. "Congrats" to Devs. :D

I still enjoy DTM-E but there's very few people online now. People drop old stuff for the next big thing, which was ADAC GT and now WTCC. That's just how it is, and because the R3E online community is very small that leaves the servers feeling like a ghost town.

As Steve said, DTM 2014 will get people back. Hopefully it's accompanied by pitstops and tyre compounds which will give DTM Experience much more depth.

But I also think they should merge the servers, so that we don't have to go in and out between R3E and DTM for multiplayer races!
They could have like two server pages or something, one for R3E and one for DTM.
So they would still be separated, but accessible from the same place. (If they don't want/can't put them together)

I think and i hope this all will change with proper league support. (Dedicated server, Pitstopps, Tyre management). There will be some DTM leagues for sure.

Doing just short public races without having to look for the tyres and the car itself isn't that attractive for many SimRacers. Actually you don't get punished for abusing the car/tyres with an overagressive driving style. This will hopefully change when proper tyre wear is implemented. But these features will need some time for doing it right. We'll have to be patient.

We have been more than patient.
Sorry, but keep releasing new content, without update the old one...it's odd.

What are we supposed to do with cars like Cougar, Canhard, etc, etc, etc. Pay for liveries (when they come) to be able to race offline?

About DTM E...to be honest, I don't even know if the new FFB is working there...

Really hope all the new features in dtm 2014 will be in 2013 too :)
Oh and i play dtm experience a lot in the evening so is not really empty... :p

Last edited:
Fo
We have been more than patient.
Sorry, but keep releasing new content, without update the old one...it's odd.

What are we supposed to do with cars like Cougar, Canhard, etc, etc, etc. Pay for liveries (when they come) to be able to race offline?

About DTM E...to be honest, I don't even know if the new FFB is working there...
Changing name SimBin to S3S good, but looks like the priority isnt change. I agree, instead of doing new conent, make earlier car drivable,especially in concerning GTR-X class.

Don't worry jay...apart from the laggy menu you're doing a fantastic work...hope anyway prototype and gt classes will be updated anytime soon :)

Last edited:
One thing I dont quite understand... if DTM Experience is a diferente/independent game why when you lanched the AI hotfix for R3E you also ruined the AI in DTM? if there is no AI slider in DTM why change the AI in that game?
I m currently living and working in Angola - Africa and here the internet is lousy and terribly expensive (1GB = 10 USD) - so you can imagine what the game is costing me in updates alone and I owned 95% of the cars and 100% of the tracks.
The loading screans are a pain. From the first time I load the game to the time I step on the gas 10 minutes have passed.
Besides the very painfull always online polity, now you ruined the AI and I cant even play the single player mode (championship mode)... and there is no info on when that will be fixed or if you are working on it or not....

Last edited:
One thing I dont quite understand... if DTM Experience is a diferente/independent game why when you lanched the AI hotfix for R3E you also ruined the AI in DTM? if there is no AI slider in DTM why change the AI in that game?
It's not different, it uses the same base as R3E. Apart from that, Adaptive AI in DTM Experience has been fixed in the October update; they also added the difficulty slider.

It's not different, it uses the same base as R3E. Apart from that, Adaptive AI in DTM Experience has been fixed in the October update; they also added the difficulty slider.
Really? strange didnt read that in the release notes... thanks for the heads up... time to spend another 20 usd or so updating the game :devilish::D

Last edited:
I did play DTM E online rather than off line when we had adaptive AI as I never got it to work for me but since the last update and the option to set AI strength just as in R3E I tend to race this Sim offline more than online now.

Jason.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing