TT Isle of Man - The Game

Yeah I'm similar, once I crash the head goes and a few more follow! Although not quite 16!! My 1 crash time of 19.48 was a fluke I think. I have not come close since!

I did a personal best of 19:59 on Anstey's Supersport Honda, with two crashes. I completed an entire lap without a crash with Cam Donald's Supersport Honda but only managed 20:27. Probably being too timid trying to avoid a crash. :)

54dn.jpg

really entertaining so far ... very happy it runs good on my ancient PC.
but the permanent controller vibration is killing my hands after 2 laps TT course.
took me over a week to make a clean lap, but doing low 17min times now with 600cc :)

anyone else noticed there are 2 exe files in the game folder (one just got a ton of numbers behind) ?
from the crashdump folders i assume one is version 1.01 and the other is version 0.11

modding could also be done, at least you can already unpack everything and look into files and edit most of the interesting stuff.
but... you would need to find a way to repack the extracted files into the PKG format from the game
or
get the game to run in unpacked state like NFS shift with the "-loose" command.

Nice one Damage. Just for a laugh I tried 3rd person view and wow, compared to helmet cam it is really easy. It seems like everything is slower and you get more time to react. But I won't play in 3rd person view myself because it ruins the immersion for me just like it would in car sims. Jumping to helmet cam after playing like this is so difficult though.

yeah I know! ;) In the MS games I'm usually anywhere between 5-10 seconds slower in helmet cam, but as you say for immersion it's just can't be beat. I'm truly hoping they get that sort of view in this game as I find both the onboard views weird and even harder. My ultimate aim is indeed to nail a decent lap onboard but I'm a Loooooooooooong way away from that!!

really entertaining so far ... very happy it runs good on my ancient PC.
but the permanent controller vibration is killing my hands after 2 laps TT course.
took me over a week to make a clean lap, but doing low 17min times now with 600cc :)

anyone else noticed there are 2 exe files in the game folder (one just got a ton of numbers behind) ?
from the crashdump folders i assume one is version 1.01 and the other is version 0.11

modding could also be done, at least you can already unpack everything and look into files and edit most of the interesting stuff.
but... you would need to find a way to repack the extracted files into the PKG format from the game
or
get the game to run in unpacked state like NFS shift with the "-loose" command.

low 17s?....dayum!!

I did a personal best of 19:59 on Anstey's Supersport Honda, with two crashes. I completed an entire lap without a crash with Cam Donald's Supersport Honda but only managed 20:27. Probably being too timid trying to avoid a crash. :)

Finding that balance of speed and safety is proving difficult for me too! How the smeg the real riders do it is utterly beyond me, even more now I've sampled a microscopic amount of what they go through!

Georg that 1st one is utterly brilliant!! 2nd one aint bad either ;)

a few more of mine:
20180402185320_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

20180402185334_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

this happens quite a bit!
20180402185549_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

20180402185612_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

20180402185615_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

20180402185656_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

oh dearie me!
20180402185852_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

20180402185925_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

20180402190034_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

Gonna try and get some shots of the mountain next :)

Last edited:
well I've sussed how to get action shots, I use voice attack and every time I shout "NOW" it would press f12!! :) I also farted about and created a flickr account so will attempt an action upload. Bear in mind I can only run average settings on my ageing i3!!

My usual Nemesis, managed to avoid that damn pub!
20180402190148_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

Hit 207 down that sulby straight and my EYES BLED!! LOL makes me think of 2001 A Space Odyssey ;)
20180402190249_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

Still going fast a couple of seconds later!
20180402190251_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

should have slowed down! as the inevitable happened slamming on the brakes for the bridge ;)
20180402190257_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr
Glad I am not the only one that struggles with that damn pub!! I don't think I have got through there yet without hitting something and coming off :rolleyes: I am sure there should be an option to just park the bike and go in for a quick pint before carrying on.. probably wouldn't hurt my lap times at thew minute lol

yeah I know! ;) In the MS games I'm usually anywhere between 5-10 seconds slower in helmet cam, but as you say for immersion it's just can't be beat. I'm truly hoping they get that sort of view in this game as I find both the onboard views weird and even harder. My ultimate aim is indeed to nail a decent lap onboard but I'm a Loooooooooooong way away from that!!
I thought I had solved my problems with the helmet view on Friday when I spent a good couple of hours with it and had no problems so I am totally confused as to why when I started up the game on Sunday it was so different. Even with dynamic view switched off I still couldn't hack it as it gave me a fuzzy head and I had to go back to the chase view.

I thought I had solved my problems with the helmet view on Friday when I spent a good couple of hours with it and had no problems so I am totally confused as to why when I started up the game on Sunday it was so different. Even with dynamic view switched off I still couldn't hack it as it gave me a fuzzy head and I had to go back to the chase view.

I find that if I do more than 2 laps I get a headache even in 3rd person...I think it's because I don't blink and I'm staring intently at the screen...no game has EVER made me concentrate so much!

Glad I am not the only one that struggles with that damn pub!!
The secret is to go as slowly as me:D
I'm looking at the times you guys and gals are posting, here's me trying to get a sub 24 minutes without crashing.
There must be something about not being used to bike games as I have no issues using cockpit, and oh the track is divine and I have so much time to enjoy the view:whistling:

I am sure there should be an option to just park the bike and go in for a quick pint before carrying on.. probably wouldn't hurt my lap times at thew minute lol
I will be doing just that. I have stopped at the Raven many a time and they do a superb real ale and a steak sandwich. It is brilliant to be sat on their little stand on Mad Sunday and just watch the thousands of bikers go past. Oh and it's always been Sunny when I go. Mostly.:thumbsup::)

PS, you go in real slow over the bridge. As much to the left as you can. Most of the top riders take it slow and steady. Stay in second gear.

Assists? "Git gud".

I'm on PC with a PS4 controller. Having tested all of the assists, I can say for certain that you're much better off in sim mode. Assists make you slower and more likely to crash. TC causes more problems with the rear wheel than it fixes, especially when shifting down gears, while all wheelies can be prevented by moving your weight forward and/or accelerating less agressively (see bottom paragraph))

The rear end losing grip for no apparent reason is often the TC readjusting the bike to conditions after being in the air on a bump/jump. Not having any tactile feedback about grip levels is also a problem, although separate from the assists.

What does make a positive difference is the control sensitivity levels. Brake & Acceleration set to 0%, while steering set somewhere comfortable for you, mine is at 50%. Deadzones also at 0%. I'm currently at 18:02 for lap of the TT course.

Overall, I'm liking TT-IOM a lot, there's extremely good potential here, but there are some fundamental problems if it's supposed to be a simulation.
- The rear brake does not really work as intended.
- The engine braking seems way exaggerated, especially so for these racebikes.

+1 for liking.
+1 for the issues listed here...

...although the rear brake isn't functioning as a rear brake should, it does kind of give the clutch function you ask for!

Also add to the list of problems the constant rumble:

Not bad in itself. It seems to give feedback on the suspension state; kerbs, jumps and bumps, gear changes etc... what it doesn't but should do is give feedback on tyre grip (like the original TT Superbikes and all of the MotoGP franchise). I find my self in rearwheel slides fairly often without understanding how or when I got there

PC version, PS3 controller. No assists except for combined braking, helmet cam, dynamic view set to "off". Controller settings all set to 0% except steering sensitivity to 5%.

I found with dynamic view on in any way, I felt almost pulled into the corners, which would sometimes result in the back kicking out as it was affecting my turning angle and braking. Been making much fewer mistakes since turning it off, I'd recommend people to give it a try.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%