TT Isle of Man - The Game

First full lap of the circuit tonight no assists at all and manual box, this is in the career mode on a CBR 600 did a time of 20.41.084 with a grand total of 16 yes 16 crashes :redface:. All my offs came in clusters of 2 or 3 once my rhythm went it took me while to get the groove back.

Don't know the circuit its mainly off instinct, know a few the sections like Ballacraine, the bungalow and glen helen etc but way off the knowledge as such. It's like the Nordschleife all over again.

Absolutely love this game if I can master a lap knowing every section without binning it I can die a happy man.

NB: I have been on the cocktails today with the Mrs before attempting this as what else is there to do on a rainy bank holiday.

What assists are everyone using on console? I'm using low for everything but anti-wheelie. Combined brakes and racing line on, manual gears.

This setup feels good, but I'm still equivocating.

Medium traction control seems to overcome the wonky rear wheel traction physics in this game. But it also causes the bike to lose feel and also gives me a sense that I'm using a bit of a cheat code. At times I'm patient enough to wrap my head around the odd rear wheel physics and ride with low traction control. Other times I just want to stay on the bike and not worry about losing the rear end for inexplicable reasons.

What's a fella to do? What assists are you running on Xbox or PS4 with a controller?

What's everyone's preferred bike? As I suspected I prefer the 600's and the CBR sounds the best IMO.

CBR Supersport. Torn between Anstey and Cam Donald. Love the extra acceleration of Anstey's bike, but the slight improvement in handling on Donald's bike also is helpful.

The Triumph should be the best Supersport bike, based on stats alone. But there's something weird about that bike that makes it tough to change direction quickly. The bike is fast and stable but just not nimble despite its light weight.

I don't know the Triumph well in real life. Is there something about the chassis or engine design that makes it feel so sluggish in direction change compared to the Honda? Higher center of gravity than the Japanese bikes? The Yamaha 600, on the other hand, is far too snappy for my tastes and skills.

well I've sussed how to get action shots, I use voice attack and every time I shout "NOW" it would press f12!! :) I also farted about and created a flickr account so will attempt an action upload. Bear in mind I can only run average settings on my ageing i3!!

My usual Nemesis, managed to avoid that damn pub!
20180402190148_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

Hit 207 down that sulby straight and my EYES BLED!! LOL makes me think of 2001 A Space Odyssey ;)
20180402190249_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

Still going fast a couple of seconds later!
20180402190251_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

should have slowed down! as the inevitable happened slamming on the brakes for the bridge ;)
20180402190257_1 by Leper Messiah, on Flickr

MotoGP 08 was the last one i really enjoyed. Granted i never tested many after that. Just a few, but there was something with 08 that made it fun and it felt more "raw" while the newer ones felt more tame and lame. Possibly i missed one year that was really good, but im hoping MotoGP 18 will be the one.

Man, you guys are kind. The last good MotoGP games I played were MotoGP and MotoGP 2 by Climax on the original Xbox in 2002 and 2003. I remember many blissful nights playing MotoGP as an Xbox Live beta tester. :)

It was a handling trait (read "fault") that afflicted the rear end of only the main motogp class in both of these games. To be fair It was more prevalent in motogp15 than in VRTG as we complained loud and clear about this to the development team at Milestone. For VRTG they had by their own admission tried to improve the rear..but it still came round on the limit.

In 2015 I organised and raced in the xbla motogp, moto2 & 500cc online championships. In 2016 I organised the Italian championships and we raced full seasons in the motogp, "classic" motogp, moto2, 500cc and 250cc classes. The 500s, the 250s, moto2 and the classic motogp bikes were not problematic at all in this respect. It was a big problem for everyone in the main motogp championships however..particularly from memory at Brno, Silverstone and Valencia. It was particularly bad on the entry to high speed off-camber bends. Turn 11 at Brno was particularly hazardous from memory. It caught out the fastest online players in the world including Pistol 73 who won the motogp class championship in 2015..we had to adopt a different technique to get into that bend on the "limit" which involved going up the "inside" and braking hard to scrub off speed rather than a more gradual sweeping arc to the apex which risked disaster.

So yeah Milestone are far from faultless when it comes to their physics modelling. :whistling:

Ah....yup I think I know what you mean, is it turn 3 at Valencia, the back end does some weird stuff there. Brno T11 is that the right hander after the long downhill back straight? If so then yeah I get that too! I just thought it was me being crap!

First full lap of the circuit tonight no assists at all and manual box, this is in the career mode on a CBR 600 did a time of 20.41.084 with a grand total of 16 yes 16 crashes :redface:. All my offs came in clusters of 2 or 3 once my rhythm went it took me while to get the groove back.

Don't know the circuit its mainly off instinct, know a few the sections like Ballacraine, the bungalow and glen helen etc but way off the knowledge as such. It's like the Nordschleife all over again.

Absolutely love this game if I can master a lap knowing every section without binning it I can die a happy man.

NB: I have been on the cocktails today with the Mrs before attempting this as what else is there to do on a rainy bank holiday.

Yeah I'm similar, once I crash the head goes and a few more follow! Although not quite 16!! My 1 crash time of 19.48 was a fluke I think. I have not come close since!

well I've sussed how to get action shots, I use voice attack and every time I shout "NOW" it would press f12!! :) I also farted about and created a flickr account so will attempt an action upload. Bear in mind I can only run average settings on my ageing i3!!

Nice one Damage. Just for a laugh I tried 3rd person view and wow, compared to helmet cam it is really easy. It seems like everything is slower and you get more time to react. But I won't play in 3rd person view myself because it ruins the immersion for me just like it would in car sims. Jumping to helmet cam after playing like this is so difficult though.

Helmet cam for me (dynamic off) everytime :
LJANHk2.jpg

XnrYfwU.jpg

Action shot time:
jNZwS7R.jpg

HnqFVcF.jpg

My preferred bike so far is the Honda of Cameron Donald. But I just did two laps of the TT on a Triumph and it is quite sweet with plenty of low down torque. You can keep it in a higher gear for longer. Wheelies like a banshee though. Fantastic fun. Love following one of the other riders for the whole circuit.
ps manual gears all the way is a blast fighting against wheelies. Love it.
LJANHk2.jpg

My preferred bike so far is the Honda of Cameron Donald. But I just did two laps of the TT on a Triumph and it is quite sweet with plenty of low down torque. You can keep it in a higher gear for longer. Wheelies like a banshee though. Fantastic fun. Love following one of the other riders for the whole circuit.
ps manual gears all the way is a blast fighting against wheelies. Love it.
LJANHk2.jpg
My favourite bike too, sounds the best as well. That screenshot looks real. :thumbsup:

I missed out on racing on motogp08 as I was living in an ancient house on the edge of a forest in France. No decent or reliable internet connection..even the electricity supply got interrupted in high winds and storms.. lol.

It wasn't until 2012 when I came to live in England that I discovered online racing and high speed internet connections and found out what a "ping" was..

So I am a French girl enjoying the modern technologies in a strange land.. ;)

I did take motogp 08 for a spin though and enjoyed it. I was playing full time on gp500 at the time though and falling off a lot on the mini IOM TT course. ;)
Haha. :D They also released A LOT of mods for MotoGP 08. Maybe it was the same with other MotoGP's, but this one i remember they enhanced a lot in all areas for years afterwards. The main game unmodded felt really good though. Later ones i tested just felt more technologically advanced, but that raw, powerful feeling of was lost in some later games. The sounds were also tamer, weaker, and the driving felt more technical than "one with the bike" riding. Maybe i didnt test them enough but i remember the sound was also much weaker so it felt like driving some mopeds, lol.

On TT IOM i just remembered i didnt see any split times when doing IOM track. If i recall it was just a timer at the top. Would have been great with red/green split times to know if you do better or worse. Also if i remember correctly when i went really tight in corners and having bushes whipping me in the face there was no sound from branches/leaves hitting my helmet. This is already in FMOD in the way that they just have to get some bush hitting sounds and define the areas, and voila its in. Its so sad when you know there are a few things that can be improved fairly easy and it would be an incredible riding experience. And of course with OP's ideas of implementing some way of setting up the bikes and tweaking the braking etc would make it even better. Man, this can become such an experience with a little extra work. I hope they do it. :)

Amazing course. Great bikes.

The handling is so bad I don't want to play it until it's repaired. I've yet to see a real bike that stays upright when it pivots 90 degrees across the road at 180 mph for no reason at all.

I hope modders get their hands on this. I keep coming back to it and quitting in disgust a few minutes later.

A few from me:

Beauty
YYQwVin.jpg

Beauty pt2
6UvSS2E.jpg

"One for the road" finally has taken it's toll
RVkrURq.jpg

Same. pt2 (however, notice that beautiful lens flare *_* )
psA15IV.jpg

Immersive n amazing "God rays" @@
(pay no attention on speed gauge. it was for screenshooting purposes only. really)
aSDwOb7.jpg

Amazing course. Great bikes.

The handling is so bad I don't want to play it until it's repaired. I've yet to see a real bike that stays upright when it pivots 90 degrees across the road at 180 mph for no reason at all.

I hope modders get their hands on this. I keep coming back to it and quitting in disgust a few minutes later.
I understand some of you will find it difficult but after some practice it is fine. I can do clean laps all the time now and it only took a week. But this game takes skill and some of you just don't have it.:whistling:

On TT IOM i just remembered i didnt see any split times when doing IOM track. If i recall it was just a timer at the top. Would have been great with red/green split times to know if you do better or worse.

My version has split times at certain points. But in real life the rider would only know from pit boards once per lap or some mate or family member with a chalkboard at certain points on the track. There is no radio coms in this sport mate. This is real road racing.:rolleyes:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%