Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

thank you ... but how do you change extension from ini to aiw.

Left click of the file one time and this will highlight Snetterton_BTCC11 in blue, now click one more time to right of the letter I to put the cursor to the right of ini and now hit backspace to delete ini and then type aiw in it's place. The name of the file should be Snetterton_BTCC11.aiw

When I uploaded the file, this forum would not let me upload with the aiw extension.

Left click of the file one time and this will highlight Snetterton_BTCC11 in blue, now click one more time to right of the letter I to put the cursor to the right of ini and now hit backspace to delete ini and then type aiw in it's place. The name of the file should be Snetterton_BTCC11.aiw

When I uploaded the file, this forum would not let me upload with the aiw extension.
When I highlight snetterton _BTCC11 in blue then click it again to the right it will not show me the extension ini to delete...the cursor only goes as far as the 1(btcc11*

When I highlight snetterton _BTCC11 in blue then click it again to the right it will not show me the extension ini to delete...the cursor only goes as far as the 1(btcc11*

Sounds like you need to enable file extensions in your operating system. What is your operating system? Windows XP, 7 or 8?

If Win 7, go to Start/Control Panel/Folder Options. Next click on the View tab and then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and click "apply to all folders".

Last edited:
Sounds like you need to enable file extensions in your operating system. What is your operating system? Windows XP, 7 or 8?

If Win 7, go to Start/Control Panel/Folder Options. Next click on the View tab and then uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types" and click "apply to all folders".

Yes win 7 thank you very much now I can race one of my fav tracks.
ur the man .. maybe you can have a look at Adelaide 90 ,92,94 aiw any one would be fine.
the a.i are quite slow in the last right hander before they hit the back straight .their good everywhere
except that spot.I would appreciate it very much as well. thank you for your help today

maxspeed3,

I optimized the path of that last right before the back straight and got it as good as I could. The AI no longer slows me down in that corner and the rest seemed fine. It took right at 1.7 seconds off the AI's qualifying times. Again change ini to aiw.

Attachments

• Adelaide1994.ini
    462.1 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Do you use a specific software to fix AI behavior?

Yes. I use an AI editor made by Guitarmaen called rF_AIW_CAM_405. You basically use Bézier curves to to reshape the spline between 2 waypoints. The spline is what the ai follows and if the spline has a kink in it or is too close to a wall or curb, the ai will hit the brakes and swerve or just slow down in the wrong places. It's a pain to do because it's a lot of trial and error of running laps with the ai after each adjustment to the spline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.6%