Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Patrick Giranthon submitted a new resource:

Thruxton - Thruxton for GSCEx

Hi All.

Here is the first track of a track pack I will release asap.

Road redone (with special grip effect added), texture redone, wrong fresnel effet corrected compared to the previous one, lod correction.
Well, a nice track usually used for btcc but can be used for other cars too!
Optimised for the 911, so would be ok for all GSC cars.
Really technical track.

Read more about this resource...

First off thanks for another update, Patrick. I appreciate it. :thumbsup:

A couple of minor complaints/feedback:
1. I don't like all those white stripes along the sides of the track...they flicker and it's a bit distracting. Maybe because i don't have the graphics maxed out ?
2. Is the grip final ? I just did 10 laps with Camaro SS and i find it to be a bit slippery compared to reiza tracks i've driven on today(having a Camaro SS day :D ). It's perfectly manageable and fine, but it does feel like it's a bit more slippy than usual...or is it just the Camaro ?
If it was me i'd put just a tiny bit more grip on the track. Or perhaps not, because it adds a challenge to an otherwise simple layout. Not sure yet...:) What is your opinion ?
3. No sound from curbs, rumblestrips

Last edited:
I did not see anything about the whites stripes. Can you do a screen?
Try with Max settings.

For the grip I think It can comes from the track configuration. A lot of curves, with radius changes make the track a real challenge. Perhaps I did something wrong but I did as usual. You can add grip with the tdf If needed, or I can try to optimise again.

For the curbs I cant remember If they are flat or not.

Oh, a pity that Christmas did not give you a 980 gtx :p

For the grip I precisely did some tests today, preparing Snetterton. A track like A1 ring historic is pretty easy with the 911. Long regular curves. Then I tried at Londrina long. More tricky, and harder to drive.

But your feedbacks are important. I do a lot of tests on my side.
I only update tracks and some of them would deserve a scratch work like Alex Sawczuk does. Unfortunately I dont have skills for that , and I could give you one track every 4 months :O_o:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you Patrick. Thanks for another great track.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Can I ask, if the trackpack you've mentioned will be all BTCC ones? (fingers crossed)
Believe you me Patrick you're work is appreciated don't downplay the skill you have in making these tracks work so well in GSCE.

Thank you Patrick for all your work and dedication to upgrade these tracks for my favorite sim and thanks to all the original authors of the tracks.

In my opinion, tracks are what makes a racing sim. I can be happy with a handful of really good cars but a large variety of tracks is a must. I really hope you can figure out the problems with the track mesh for Oulton as that is my favorite BTCC track.

One quick request while I have your attention.....haha. After watching the latest Empty Box video, Matt turned me on to Sachsenring which is a track I had never seen before and I am in love with this track now. The only one I found was at Xtremefactor and is v2.0 by smokey1226. Any chance this track could be in your list to work your magic on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 179 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 132 7.6%