Sneak peek of the new Mercedes-AMG GT3

FinalC190GT3Frontsketch.jpg

Mercedes-AMG have released some sketches giving a sneak peek at what the Mercedes-AMG GT3 will look like. The AMG GT3 is based on the road going Mercedes-AMG GT - which will begin sales in spring 2016 - and will replace the brands current SLS GT3 in FIA GT3 spec race series.
FinalC190GT3HeckSketch.jpg

The Mercedes-AMG GT3 will make its debut at the Geneva Motor Show next month.

With many of the major competitors in GT spec racing being replaced within the next year or two, we may expect to see a shift in dominance and roles, as displayed by the Nissan Nismo GTR's straight line speed in the Bathurst 12 Hour. With such radical changes in styling, we might expect some equally radical changes in performance. We will just have to wait and see, as I believe some truly amazing racing lies ahead.

Source: Mercedes-Benz

The drawings have a japanese styling (I'm saying that as a compliment)! Can't wait to see the first photos of this racecar.

Is it just me, or do I see a little bit of Aston Martin in those drawings

Just wondering why do fresher tires make you faster on the straights?
theoretically, more grip means that you could take more speed through the previous corner = going faster than the opposition at the same point, and then pretty much just that, the tyres are doing their job and accelerating the car properly and most efficiently, whereas older tyres would 'slip' a little bit more

Is it just me, or do I see a little bit of Aston Martin in those drawings

theoretically, more grip means that you could take more speed through the previous corner = going faster than the opposition at the same point, and then pretty much just that, the tyres are doing their job and accelerating the car properly and most efficiently, whereas older tyres would 'slip' a little bit more
Well, the "top-view kinda picture" has some similarities, but i dont think it will look like an Aston, its just the angle (i would guess, remembering the road version of it).

Well, the "top-view kinda picture" has some similarities, but i dont think it will look like an Aston, its just the angle (i would guess, remembering the road version of it).
nah, look at the shape of the rear spoiler and rear lights. that is where i am seeing the most similarities

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 234 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%