Snaefell Mountain Course

Tracks Snaefell Mountain Course 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
LesMacNeil submitted a new resource:

Snaefell Mountain Course - Also known as the Isle of Man TT Circuit (alpha)

They said it was just too big to work in AC, but I've tried it anyway. The whole 60km/37mile circuit is here; just how much of it is vaguely recogniseable to someone who knows the real thing is another matter...

There is no AI, there are no cameras, and only 10 pit boxes for now. No corner marker boards either yet, and large stretches are pretty bare. As far as physics problems are concerned, there is a bit of juddering as you pull away from the pit area, but as soon as you're moving it...

Read more about this resource...

Car jittering is due to the further away from map center you go the more the cars shake, and its indeed a physics thing, and it is why Kunos recommend to not make a track too big. If its a little shaky it wont impact driving. I think The Nords (or a little bigger) is about the max size before it starts to shake (very slightly, but still) and then it shakes more and more the bigger you go.

Thanks mate! If you know the roads well, you could help me a lot just by pointing out where the elevations are way out

In the handful of laps I've done so far I've only noticed a few places that need tweaking - bottom of Barregarrow, Quarry Bends and Cruickshank's/May Hill. I've attached some pics that may help. There's a good video of Mark Higgins at this year's TT in the Subaru - it offers a better perspective than the on-board shots from the bikes.
barregarrow-superbike-tt-race-isle-of-man-tt-tony-goldsmith-03.jpg

Bottom of Barregarrow

hqdefault.jpg

First part of Quarry Bends - it's quite flat all the way through the bends

maxresdefault.jpg

Looking back to Parliament Square, Ramsey. The road is flat up to the end of the houses on the left.

maxresdefault.jpg

Cruickshank's Corner leading to May Hill.
It may prove beneficial to have a look at Google street view. If I could go around and take some pics I would, unfortunately I've not lived on the Island for a couple of years (but it's still 'home' lol).

Thanks for the comments! I've been doing a bit of work on Barregarrow and Quarry Bends as it happens. There are a few more points where the elevations need some work. Mark Higgins' videos have been my main point of reference from the start; actually his 2014 lap was what persuaded me to give it a go.

Thanks for the comments! I've been doing a bit of work on Barregarrow and Quarry Bends as it happens. There are a few more points where the elevations need some work. Mark Higgins' videos have been my main point of reference from the start; actually his 2014 lap was what persuaded me to give it a go.
have you though about reworking the physical mesh? IMO currently its unbalanced, at some points one can drive away from the track for minutes, at others you fall into infinity only a meter from the track.

Also, I had to idea about the parts where you currently have high bankings instead of hedges - how about just covering those with non-physical hedges, but keeping the physical mesh of the bankings underneath? That way a car could "lean" a little into the bushes like a real car could.

The track is a blast with the Cayman GT4 roadcar :) I tried the 962 short tail too, reaches speeds higher than on Le Sarthe almost, but I flew of half way into track every time :D

have you though about reworking the physical mesh? IMO currently its unbalanced, at some points one can drive away from the track for minutes, at others you fall into infinity only a meter from the track.

Also, I had to idea about the parts where you currently have high bankings instead of hedges - how about just covering those with non-physical hedges, but keeping the physical mesh of the bankings underneath? That way a car could "lean" a little into the bushes like a real car could.

The track is a blast with the Cayman GT4 roadcar :) I tried the 962 short tail too, reaches speeds higher than on Le Sarthe almost, but I flew of half way into track every time :D

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

The track is built using Race Track Builder, which has it's own way of optimising the meshes. In theory you should be able to go off and roam anywhere, but in practice you never know when you're going drop through a hole.

I like your idea about the hedges; actually Ballagarey is a bit like that now. There's a tyre wall that you can 'lean on' slightly but if you hit it too hard you're in trouble because there's a banking behind it :barefoot:

Glad you're enjoying it! :)

The track is built using Race Track Builder, which has it's own way of optimising the meshes. In theory you should be able to go off and roam anywhere, but in practice you never know when you're going drop through a hole.

I like your idea about the hedges; actually Ballagarey is a bit like that now. There's a tyre wall that you can 'lean on' slightly but if you hit it too hard you're in trouble because there's a banking behind it :barefoot:
well, RTB is the first step. Especially on a track this big optimisation in a real 3D modelling program is adviced (don't ask me details, never gotten into track modelling). Adjusting the range of the physical mesh should be one of the most straight forward tasks tho

Where is the actual start-finish line ingame. Because the timer is already running if you are in the pitbox and the start line if you are starting a single-player-race the strat line is all the way up here:View attachment 166653
I created an ai-line myself which crashes at the pit-box-straight.
If there are any developers which can optimize the ai-line you can download the ai-path here:https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ZFGx_Gu_9mOTBjMUtOOThiVW8/view

True, the start position is wrong in the current version. I've already shifted it in my latest version along with a few other modifications. As soon as I'm back from the christmas break I'll upload it (monday most likely). I've tried a few times to record an ai line myself and it always crashes....

Can you please update the ui. It is not really nice looking. I made two proposals which may help you.
There are two options for the outline mage:
outline.png

outline.png

And this as a preview:
preview.jpg

LesMacNeil updated Snaefell Mountain Course with a new update entry:

Just in time for the TT...

Since this year's TT is about to begin, I'm thinking it's about time to releasing an update. It's almost a year now that I've been working on this... There are now custom buildings, such as the Creg Ny Baa, Kate's cottage, the Railway Inn, the Raven pub in Ballaugh. Many more tweaks to road profiles and widths, road markings etc. etc. The track mesh has been reduced in complexity. Still loads more to be done, however, hence the 0.5. I had hoped to finish the corner boards before the next...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for making the track, well done so far and I appreciate the effort you've put into this. Wow, this track is a lot of fun, thoroughly enjoying it even in this early state! Took a couple of hours to learn the basic track but will take plenty more to get the most speed out of it. I've taken the mclaren gtr and saucer c9 and it's a white knuckle ride hitting the apexes at top speed and not making a mistake. Have done a 16:30 with the c9 but still lots to shave off.

I hope you continue working on the track, the bits where you have buildings, walls and kerbs already add a huge amount to the immersion so could only imagine how awesome it would be with the whole track like that. Can't wait for the next update.

Thanks for making the track, well done so far and I appreciate the effort you've put into this. Wow, this track is a lot of fun, thoroughly enjoying it even in this early state! Took a couple of hours to learn the basic track but will take plenty more to get the most speed out of it. I've taken the mclaren gtr and saucer c9 and it's a white knuckle ride hitting the apexes at top speed and not making a mistake. Have done a 16:30 with the c9 but still lots to shave off.

I hope you continue working on the track, the bits where you have buildings, walls and kerbs already add a huge amount to the immersion so could only imagine how awesome it would be with the whole track like that. Can't wait for the next update.

Thanks! Still working on it on and off... The early part of the track is still where it needs most detail added, even just to make it reasonably recognisable. Glad you're enjoying it!

Please keep working on this, it needs so much more, as it's the most epic road course and when you do get there and you will, it will leave all other tracks in awe! As I said earlier, using...
http://patrick-brunner.net/codriver/userguide.php
Co-driver app, makes learning the track easier (pun) but also gives it the Rally flavour.
I just keep watching Mark Higgins's lap in 2014 & 2016 as reference, now just need to find the right car and setup.
*****After Nürburgring, there is Isle of Man!*****

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years