PC1 SMS reveal Project CARS system requirements

10fab32bf7ea6c075545a741664d9613.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios published on their website an update containing further details for Project Cars, including system requirements and other bits-and-pieces.

First and foremost, here are the system requirements for the PC version of the title:

Minimum spec:
  • CPU: 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400, 3.0 GHz AMD Phenom II X4 940
  • Graphics: nVidia GTX 260, ATI Radeon HD 5770
  • Memory: 4Gb RAM, 1Gb VRAM
Recommended spec:
  • CPU: 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 3700, 4.0 GHz AMD FX-8350
  • Graphics: nVidia GT600 series, AMD Radeon HD7000 series
  • Memory: 8Gb RAM, 2Gb VRAM
They don't look ridiculously high, so here's hoping it's a well-optimized title. Those with a super beefy machine will be able to run the game at up to 12K resolution.

Meanwhile in consoleland, the PS4 version will run at 1080p resolution, while the Xbox One version will run at 900p. Both versions will run at 60 frames per second.

There's no split screen support, and the game will support up to 45 AI opponents on all platforms. In terms of online racing, all versions will have a 16 player limit, except for the PC 64-bit executable, which will feature 32 online racers.

It also looks like SMS is looking into DX12 support, but there are no further news about that for now. Hopefully that will bring additional performance and graphics improvements in the future.

There is still no word about an exact release date, though, other than "mid-May" on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. Stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its actually pretty well Optimized. 20 cars in a thunderstorm with full effects is smooth as butter. I only run a medium range PC.

I will admit for the way PCARS looks, its runs incredibly well, even if that means lowering the graphics options for lesser hardware. It looks really good even at less than max graphics settings.

It's incredibly good at giving you a sense of "being there", even on low graphics settings, mainly due to the gorgeous fully dynamic lighting. Heck I play it on a laptop without any AA and mostly low settings and I think it still looks awesome. Even on my truly low-end system I can still run races with 30+ cars at a near solid 60 fps. The only thing bothering me is some of the textures don't seem as sharp as in iRacing (though they probably have the best textures in the business) or AC. There's some "fuzz" to the textures sometimes which can impact the visuals.. though this seems to go away if I enable 16x Anisotropic Filtering but that taxes my GPU too much (it's a Nvidia GTX 675MX mobile gpu).

It's incredibly good at giving you a sense of "being there", even on low graphics settings, mainly due to the gorgeous fully dynamic lighting. Heck I play it on a laptop without any AA and mostly low settings and I think it still looks awesome. Even on my truly low-end system I can still run races with 30+ cars at a near solid 60 fps. The only thing bothering me is some of the textures don't seem as sharp as in iRacing (though they probably have the best textures in the business) or AC. There's some "fuzz" to the textures sometimes which can impact the visuals.. though this seems to go away if I enable 16x Anisotropic Filtering but that taxes my GPU too much (it's a Nvidia GTX 675MX mobile gpu).

And PCARS does sense of speed very well. One thing that NFS SHIFT and SHIFT 2 Unleashed did very well was sense of speed and it carried over to PCARS.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back