Smooth car, but laggy world?

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
So, I've encountered a quite interesting little thing. While the car feels smooth(my driving far from smooth). And the FPS is bang solid, no drops, or spikes. The world around looks very laggy, but not all the time. Most of the time, but not all the time.
Is anyone struggling with the same?

I have the same thing but only with replay cams sometimes. In general it looks like there is also issues with the image looking blury and not full resolution, and AA needs some serious fixing, as its just terrible right now.

I have an old graphics card, so I expect some slowdowns, but I noticed something odd. Sometimes the environment reflections on the car are at a very slow rate, like a 10-15 fps jerky slideshow, while the main view is still running normal speed. I do have low settings for reflections, but it's strange to see stuttering environment reflections.

Assetto Corsa is excellent, physics are really great and you get the right feeling of how a car behaves (who knows how to drive knows it). Anyway there are some bugs, here are the ones i found:

- Anti-Aliasing needs fix, definitely the images we see in game are not the same we can see in Assetto Corsa Flickr gallery.
- G27 FFB on a specific car (don't remember what it is) it's shaking a bit even with the car stopped, don't know if this is intended.
- Some input lag...
- Car speed don't match car speed panel in Km's/h.
- Would like to be able to set pit limiter, lights and horn buttons on wheel.
- Would like to choose wich penalties are applied in a specific event.

- Playing the game with a GTX 680 2GB DDR5 and the recommended gpu being a GTX 660 i don't get why i can't max out settings without losing many FPS, i get around 60/70 in car and the AI or Multiplayer it's not even there...
- FPS in replays change a lot, from 50 to 200, and for sure that needs fix too, don't know if it's my monitors 60Hz fault (v-sync disabled).
- Overall graphics are great but there are too many flickering in screen, that for sure needs to be looked at, not sure if the graphics were already optimized but for sure it needs some attention.

Cheers and thank you Kunos for this great simulator.

Last edited:
The lag in reflection is not a bug.Actualy its a setting fix.
Go to :
Settings ->Reflection
Here you will see 3 sliders

Mirror Resolution
Cubemap Resolution
Faces per Frame

Mirror Resolution as the name imply,its the resolution of the image reflection in the mirrors
Cubemap Resolution as the name imply aswell,is the resolution of the cubmap/world reflection on the car
Face per Frame is the framerate of the cubmap/world reflection

To have a better framerate of the world reflections on the car you need to set the Faces per Frame higher( maximum 6)
If your PC can support hard work you can also increase Cubemap resolution to Medium or even High,but that kills FPS instant.

I use :

Mirror Resolution Medium
Cubemap Resolution Low
Faces per Frame 6

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back