Misc SMNM PPF 2.0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
smurth updated SMNM PPF with a new update entry:

SMNM PPF

My new shinny PPF.

- Use it with SOL 1.5.1 : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/
- Disable Reshade if you have it.
- Select the PPF before launching the game
- It should work "as is" for most tracks but it has been designed to be fully customizable (it's not just a ppf, in fact ;) )
- I will make a decent readme for the final version (soon)
- If you adopt it, I strongly recommend to remove the VAO track patches from CM and disable the auto-install option.

Next...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Auto-install option is meant to fix/enhance old track/car configs without user interaction.

VAOs are designed for tracks which got flat textures and 0 occlusions already baked

I won't argue. Removing VAO track patches is NOT required but STRONGLY recommanded.
Make some test and choose by yourself...
Or stay happy with your own filter ;)

Strongly in what base of?

On MOST tracks, with this filter, you won't see a noticeable diffrence with or without VAO track patch.
But, on SOME tracks, you will see a huge difference, that totally ruins the orginal atmosphere.

End of discussion

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_kicevo_25-5-120-15-15-39.jpg

Screenshot_ks_ferrari_250_gto_kicevo_25-5-120-15-17-31.jpg

Maybe you should flight this bug to CSP discord server instead of discouraging using a feature because SOME tracks have problems, don't you think?
Hum, I don't think it's a bug.
I guess VAO patches are made by guys who do these according to their own feelings, on a screen that is theirs, and with the ppf they like.
You can really mess things with a ppf ; especially whith BLOOM_LUMINANCE_GAMMA > 1 and strong THRESHOLD values.

And, I'll turn the other way around and ask you to show me on witch track VAO patch does a noticable and positive difference.

I did a rating at your filter because is really great work you did....please could you help me how to remove the VAO patches? i would try with and whitout as you suggest....THX

standard "__sol" ppFilter already has BLOOM_LUMINANCE_GAMMA=1.2
threshold is low, but even at 0.2 it all is ok ; i guess you have something wrong

@Andrewrok use patch app, "V +/-" button toggles VAO
1590417920756.png

or advanced version:

@Andrewrok "...or lightening it"
no

I did a rating at your filter because is really great work you did....please could you help me how to remove the VAO patches? i would try with and whitout as you suggest....THX

Sans titre.jpg

In the menu, uncheck "install automatically", then click on "view in explorer" and move all files to another directory.
If you want to go back, you just have to restore the files or download them again.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%