Smedley told Massa to “destroy Hamilton’s race”

There are some interesting parrallels with cycling.
The teams have domestiques who must protect the "star" from the wind and fetch drinks/food give up their bike if the star has a problem. Mark Cavendish was helped to the World Road Racing gold by team tactics-tream orders.
It seems some teams are run exactly like this (Ferrari) and others (eg McLaren) pride themselves on allowing their two excellent drivers to race each other.

Geez.. Stop with the biased opinions. There is nothing wrong in it. Yes, I am a Ferrari fan and always will be. But I also like Hamilton. And argue as much as you want but holding up a guy behind you is not illegal. You may call it unfair but that's how it goes. That's racing.

And really? Massa isn't as good as he used to be but you make it seem like he killed someone. Think before you post rather than just angrily writing a post.

there are enver Articles about HRT, the smaller teams are just as interesting as the big teams!
I recommend reading MadeInMotorsport.com as they tend to put up articles about everyone and everything when it comes to F1, Rally, F3 Euroseries (not that much though). Plus if you have an apple device they have an app that you can download to read there articles when ever you want were ever you want.

I liked the British media take on this story today: "Massa tried to destroy Hamilton"

Obviously these people just want to stir things up than actually look at what actually happened. There was nothing wrong with what Massa did, and he was perfectly entitled to defend his position to destroy someones strategy. I expect every driver has done this on more than one occasion. There was no dirty tactics from either side (Hamilton just misjudged the car in front, just as Schumacher did but nobody is talking about that incident...) and it was just an unfortunate accident.

Did you expect anything better from our media? I could have predicted that headline as soon as I read about the incident. The only problem we have is convincing all the non-brits that we're really not all that stupid. Which is hard, cos our media will set us back to square one again next week.

I feel sorry for Massa. No ambition, no real dignity in the car, no chance of success. No wonder he's such a bitter little man. I suppose I would be too.

Your right Chris, the reason i called it dirty is because Felipe had to do it in the first place. IMO these guys should not have bloody radios and should be out there for one reason, to race and to race at as fast as they can.
Ferrari have spoilt F1 with there team tactics.

Ferrari and their race tactics were there before F1 WC was born in 1950 :D

Ive said it once and Id like to put it out again, just because its been around for decades doesnt make it right... and whoever says 'thats racing' needs o think about what the word means! A competition for the fastest drivers to see who will come out on top. If your out on the track to slow others down your not racing! I study motorsport and im in my second year and all day today everyone agreed that Massa is no longer performing well enough to be at Ferrari and that any driver who's only purpose on the track is the be a tactical pawn has no place in F1!

As for this media blow out on such a small incident, which massa has played up quite a bit too, its ridiculous! Drivers make contact! Why has no one picked on a certain german who didnt just give a puncture but forced a retirement! No driver intentionally drives into another! Hamilton was penalised enough for the incident the drive through and the 'meetings' there having about his driving are unnecessary! The stewards are being very inconsistent and I know im not the only one who feels this way, Mclaren fan or not!

Again, he was on the slower tires, he was already slower than Hamilton. And I think defending a position is racing. (and that's what they said for him, to not let Hamilton pass, then they can destroy his race by being slower on the prime tires while Hamilton can't push his performance on the options to the max) He didn't do any wrong movements, he didn't sway like Schumacher in Monza, it was all fine.

And again, Massa has very bad luck this year! He's the driver who got hit the most times, and another couple of races the Ferrari wanted to fall apart under him, or a backmarker stood in his way, forcing him to the wet line on slicks etc.. There were a couple of races actually where he was "pushing Alonso off the road", before something happened to him. I really want to see him having a bit more luck, and even if he can't match up to Alonso, being closer and having a win or two would be great. (and this last part is why I hated last years Hockenheim race, man what they did to him, that victory after his comeback would be extremely important, and they ruined it)

The only question that this brings up to me is, would Massa be more likely to turn in on Hamilton to block him than he otherwise would have been because of the teams directions to him?

Prob. Not, after all, he know that he has to defend, and that was the first defensive move he made in the fight between the two. He would've fighted at least once without getting the words from Smedley.

The language if anything is mild. If you really want to hear hyper-aggressive commands to go out and kill, try attending an Oracle database sales conference.

This constant whining is one of the most unattractive aspects of F1.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%