Small update 1-10-20

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
From Sector 3 Studios:
We are entering a maintenance window to deliver a reasonably sized update for an esport series that's about to return! The update will also include some physics updates to the Formula Junior, the Hillclimb Icons and the Porsche Cayman 981 GT4 Clubsport. We hope to be done fairly quickly as there's no store release involved. Expect a download size of around 270 MB

We hope to be done fairly quickly as there's no store release involved.
Lol... they've been down for hours. :p I wasn't able to get the game started at any point this morning. Haven't tried since lunchtime though.

On another note, I do like seeing updates to old content like the Hillclimb Icons. It's nice that nothing gets completely abandoned in this sim.

I do break out the icons to run the hill climb track occasionally, as a change of pace from circuit racing. In some ways it's a shame they've never added just a few more tracks of this type, even fantasy ones. Even better would be online compatibility, allowing for some RD TT type events for those who prefer to do their racing alone and in their own time. (I did this years ago for GT5 with in-game cars as prizes, and it proved quite popular.)

Anyway, enough rambling. Servers are still down so it seems to be taking longer than they thought. I'm on a racing binge at the moment so am most distressed that I can't play... :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%