SLS AMG

minor updates to keep this scratch made car thread alive...oops shouldn't say that:tongue:

amgfan: that rear thing is a foglight:D and I will sent you an updated version soon..

Attachments

• sls1.jpg
    sls1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 247
  • sls2.jpg
    sls2.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 242
Haha, you rebel xD I'd be interesting to see what happens if you converted wheels from a game like NFS and put them on it.. :p

Nice work man, can't wait for this thing :)

Got steering today, i finished yesterday my house sections in luthobu`s gizmo trail, so i can model for SLS again.

It was hard cause is hard to find pics of SLS steering wheel.

sketch.jpg

ster.jpg

ster1.jpg

screenshot306copy.jpg

screenshot307copy.jpg

screenshot308copy.jpg

Now, gonna model other option of SLS rim.

Got steering today, i finished yesterday my house sections in luthobu`s gizmo trail, so i can model for SLS again.

Both the house section and the car look good. I will post some screenies of the "fechada" as soon as it has been resized, textured, shaded and done. :) Thank you for a GREAT contribution to Gizmo's!!

It'd be really nice to make the steering wheel a bit higher polygon, then add some raised areas for the buttons, and also 'remove' the chrome star badge from the base texture, then add a chrome material to a polygonal version of the badge so it really bursts out at you :D

Good work so far though, really nice work considering the limited resources so far available for this car, but you may as well add more details for a car of this kinda quality and detail level thus far used :D

Looks perfect so far for the model of the wheel used for outside the car looking in, is that the one it is for at this stage?

Dave

It's also sure now that it is a 6.3 SLS AMG:)

@mrWhippy: you mean more details for the interior? or also outside? cause I dont know what else I could add at the outside...

@luthubu: can i give you a list with building i would like to see on your track?:tongue:
are you doing a times-square-look-alike too?

Attachments

• 6.3sls.jpg
    6.3sls.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 236
  • slsamg.jpg
    slsamg.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 256
@mingus: sure, give me a list, but I can't promise to add them all, or even any. Depends on time and ability of course. I made sort of a city square, but it is just a sketch.. a times-square-look-alike would be nice.. I like the idea :)

The real model is ugly for me :p
That's why i don't realy follow this project with a lot of interet (i'll prefer you work in the w204 one :D)
But about the 3d modeling, your model sems to be perfectly done. Keep it up dude! ;)

A bit different opinion from me... The real car is a beauty, one of the most beautiful new cars.. Guess it's because they borrowed the styling cues from the past? :)

And another differing opinion: The model isn't perfect, though very good still. I spotted a few inaccuracies from the front - explained by the image attached. The side mirrors also look a bit off but didn't bother drawing a picture about it. :)

Other than that, it does indeed look great. Can't wait to see her all textured and finished.

oh hai.jpg

And another differing opinion: The model isn't perfect, though very good still. I spotted a few inaccuracies from the front - explained by the image attached. The side mirrors also look a bit off but didn't bother drawing a picture about it. :)

Other than that, it does indeed look great. Can't wait to see her all textured and finished.

View attachment 26978

Mingus, some reference to you.

Mercedes-Benz-SLS_AMG_2011_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

thanks bumper!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 343 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%