Slower lap times after moving to CSP V2.

So quite new to sim racing, ran a g920 and pedals with the Gteye brake spring mod and I got used to it.

I swapped out the pedals to CSP V2s, loaded drivers and setup the load cell to minimum. In the software it shows I get full brake pressure and everything works fine.

So I've put a few hours in and I'm struggling with braking and finding the right pressure, lock ups are common. When trail braking the pressure is hard to gauge and I have too much down causing oversteer.

I've basically lost a second a lap. Anyone have this issue when changing gear? Any tips or pointers?

Thanks
Jay

So quite new to sim racing, ran a g920 and pedals with the Gteye brake spring mod and I got used to it.

I swapped out the pedals to CSP V2s, loaded drivers and setup the load cell to minimum. In the software it shows I get full brake pressure and everything works fine.

So I've put a few hours in and I'm struggling with braking and finding the right pressure, lock ups are common. When trail braking the pressure is hard to gauge and I have too much down causing oversteer.

I've basically lost a second a lap. Anyone have this issue when changing gear? Any tips or pointers?

Thanks
Jay
Its normal when you change controller--then you get used to it --then hopefully it will change :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I'm not sure Jay. I use a bodin load cell on my t500 pedals. It's a fairly crude device, so the only adjustment is made to calibrate the applied pressure during start up. But I believe you should be applying some serious pressure during the initial braking phase. A bit of practice and you will find much more consistency with a load cell.

Upvote 0
This is quite normal, you just need to get used to load cell brake pressure resistance as you're coming off the back of a brake using a potentiometer which uses travel for braking. Your natural braking technique is pressing further for braking rather than foot pressure so you just need to retrain your brain with practice.

Also in-game you can reduce the brake sensitivity that will help prevent the lock ups.

Upvote 0
Cheers guys, I will adjust tonight. Thing is now my playseat moves when i really apply pressure so need to upgrade the rig. Not a bad thing lol. In a real car i prefer less travel, but i'd got so used to my g29 pedal characteristics I've been finding it hard to adjust, but its only been two days. See how i get on tonight.

Upvote 0
If you play Assetto Corsa, you have maybe changed the Brake Gamma, I had to set it back to 1 to get the right feeling. Made the same change, logitech to fanatec, still getting used to the totally different feeling of the brakepedal, but it will come.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys, I changed the load cell to 5 and found it alot better, I will check the brake gamma tomorrow.

One thing I did notice in a race today is my throttle pedal all the way down does not translate to full throttle. See pic. Any ideas on how to adjust this?

Attachments

• 20180418_221507.jpg
    20180418_221507.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0
Hi Guys, I changed the load cell to 5 and found it alot better, I will check the brake gamma tomorrow.

One thing I did notice in a race today is my throttle pedal all the way down does not translate to full throttle. See pic. Any ideas on how to adjust this?

It's been a while since I owned my Fanatec pedals, but I know there's an option on that screen to manually set the pedals minimum and maximums. This is by the far best way to adjust these pedals and you'll be able to clear that deadzone. Or indeed add a little realistic deadzone at the beginning of the pedal throw.

Upvote 0
It's been a while since I owned my Fanatec pedals, but I know there's an option on that screen to manually set the pedals minimum and maximums. This is by the far best way to adjust these pedals and you'll be able to clear that deadzone. Or indeed add a little realistic deadzone at the beginning of the pedal throw.

That feature is only available for the V3's. For the V2's, you have a knob on the pedal that you have to adjust manually.

@OP Try about 7-7.5 on that knob. That was the ideal setting IMO.

Upvote 0
Hi Guys, So i adjusted the load cell, made if firmer and found a sweet spot, its much better, but then found that amount of load made my playseat move when i press against the pedal. So i have resolved by buying a a trak racer RS6 lol, which i now setup. I just need a new wheel now.

Also i unplugging the USB for the pedals and re plugging it in resolved the throttle issue.

Upvote 0
If you play Assetto Corsa, you have maybe changed the Brake Gamma, I had to set it back to 1 to get the right feeling. Made the same change, logitech to fanatec, still getting used to the totally different feeling of the brakepedal, but it will come.
This! If you don't set your brake gamma the software will not read the load from the loadcell and instead will read pedal travel which is not what you want.

Upvote 0
Yes Brake Gamma worked wonders for me. I had just setup my CSL Elite Load Cell and in AC was really pushing hard on the brake and knew something was wrong. So went into game and the curve on Brake Gamma was bent so just made it linear(straight line) and oh man I love that product now :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.7%
  • < 5 years