F1 2012 Slower car in Career compared with QuickRace

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I just confused. I'm on McLaren, Melbourne. QuickRace - every lap got under 1.25.00, but in Career the same car, same track, and same setup, and i cannot beat 1.27.00. I observed that in Career mode car breaks not so good as in QR mode. Why? And can it be fixed?

Career ... which season? The cars are not fully developed at the early career seasons, that's why you do R&D tasks after all, lol. That's also why the grid is different in career than in quickrace.

I just confused. I'm on McLaren, Melbourne. QuickRace - every lap got under 1.25.00, but in Career the same car, same track, and same setup, and i cannot beat 1.27.00. I observed that in Career mode car breaks not so good as in QR mode. Why? And can it be fixed?

There's a couple of reasons for this,
1) As Melphiz stated above, at Melbourne, the car has just begun it's R&D process of upgrades. The car will get better as the year goes on.

2) Over the course of a season, the engine wear will affect your car's speed. So you need to choose when to use fresh engines on particular tracks (Montreal, Spa, Monza). Each engine will be able to do about 3 grands prix before they start to pack up.

Yes, it's really annoying. CM should bring in offseason testing to develop the car for the start of the season. If I'm on a big team I want to be fast from the start like they are in real life.
It's very frustrating that Career artificially affects performance and yet it's the only way to play a championship in-game.

You can ofcourse record your results from individual GPs and play your own "season" but it's pathetic in this day and age that a game make you do that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 165 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%