Am I the only WMD supporter that feels Ian Bell... Completely sold out and screwed the WMD community? I mean, he builds pCars only because of SIM WMD jumped onboard..... for pCars2 he scraps the WMD folks... and then sell SMS for 30mil (I mean Really, this was all possible because we believed Ian Bell) who never ever actually delivered a great racing game as he stated way back then on NoGripRacing.....and now this BS.

I mean really WMD and the SIM community backers were abandoned IMHO. I've lost all respect for the guy and I'm sorry I ever supported Ian Bell and bought into his BS!
PC2 had WMD behind it?
He is still a businessman first, doesn't owe us anything. Pc2 turned out pretty decent even though most 'purists' liked to make fun of it. He got a fat paycheck for selling SMS and he will make even more money now by purposely releasing commercially viable simcade type games. Seeing said purists always called Project Cars a simcade he's just making his team do what they do best then from now on I suppose?

More revenue and less criticism to boot. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Interesting game. Seems to be a combo of several arcade driving games such as NFS, Grand Theft, and others I have already. May not get this right away, but will look at the discussions and youtube video reviews as others get the game so see how it works with Wheel controllers, etc.

Agree that nobody really wanted this game, waste of resources imo. I’m sure the development team worked a lot on this but it looks crap. More attention on the new Project cars or whatever they plan on naming it would have been a better use of time and money imo.

I predict they won’t lose too much money on this but they won’t gain either. Stick to the proper stuff SMS.

Movies to video games almost never go down well. Same with games that become movies. Though I do like the original mortal kombat movie and tomb raider movie for some reason.

I think this is Namco's last efforts to sell as much of SMS's games's before they leave to Codemasters entirely.

This looks like one of SMS's failed projects like World Of Speed if you can recall. Like with SMS's dead projects, publishers and outsourced developers try to revive it and make most out of sales from their dead projects.

This game was also announced as the last announcement game at The Game Awards, so I'm assuming this is a last ditch effort for Namco to make bank off of SMS. There's no way SMS would approve of a game like this as the trailer looks like the game is in early development stages. Project CARS 1 and 2 had way more polish than this. Besides, it will probably fall through and die just like World Of Speed.

No matter how Crossroads fails or not that must mean more funding for Project CARS Revolution. Project CARS has always been a great franchise in the simracing world despite its flaws. If Project CARS 2 delivered great physics, FFB, 180+ cars, a huge track roster, and a weather system, imagine Project CARS Revolution. They're even trying to make it as a spiritual successor to NFS Shift which was a good racing title.

One of the complaints I have with most simracing games at the moment is that they focus on the realism aspect too much that they leave out the immersive and gamey bits behind. Wouldn't it be wonderful for all of us to have a simracing game with customization + the variety of PCARS 2 has with good ffb and physics?

Last edited:
I think this is Namco's last efforts to sell as much of SMS's games's before they leave to Codemasters entirely.

This looks like one of SMS's failed projects like World Of Speed if you can recall. Like with SMS's dead projects, publishers and outsourced developers try to revive it and make most out of sales from their dead projects.

This game was also announced as the last announcement game at The Game Awards, so I'm assuming this is a last ditch effort for Namco to make bank off of SMS. There's no way SMS would approve of a game like this as the trailer looks like the game is in early development stages. Project CARS 1 and 2 had way more polish than this. Besides, it will probably fall through and die just like World Of Speed.

No matter how Crossroads fails or not that must mean more funding for Project CARS Revolution. Project CARS has always been a great franchise in the simracing world despite its flaws. If Project CARS 2 delivered great physics, FFB, 180+ cars, a huge track roster, and a weather system, imagine Project CARS Revolution. They're even trying to make it as a spiritual successor to NFS Shift which was a good racing title.

One of the complaints I have with most simracing games at the moment is that they focus on the realism aspect too much that they leave out the immersive and gamey bits behind. Wouldn't it be wonderful for all of us to have a simracing game with customization + the variety of PCARS 2 has with good ffb and physics?

You say all the good stuff, and then you come up with this "NFS Shift which was a good racing title". Why man, why....

Shift was TERRIBLE. Shift 2 was a little bit less terrible. PCars had pretty much the same issues with Shift games but it was slightly less obvious. PCars2 was much much better, but still was plagued bt issues the original Shift games had.

Honestly i hope SMSs next game won't have anything in common with Shift or PCars in terms of physics etc. I like the idea of tuning and turning normal cars into racecars like i did in Shift,it was fun, but i really hope they start from scratch in terms of physics, ffb, suspension and tire simulation etc etc. Graphics were nice though.

Nice to see SMS has found the role they're best at under the codemasters umbrella and will be staying in their lane in regards to putting out racing games...

Or is PC3 still happening?

You say all the good stuff, and then you come up with this "NFS Shift which was a good racing title". Why man, why....

Shift was TERRIBLE. Shift 2 was a little bit less terrible. PCars had pretty much the same issues with Shift games but it was slightly less obvious. PCars2 was much much better, but still was plagued bt issues the original Shift games had.

Honestly i hope SMSs next game won't have anything in common with Shift or PCars in terms of physics etc. I like the idea of tuning and turning normal cars into racecars like i did in Shift,it was fun, but i really hope they start from scratch in terms of physics, ffb, suspension and tire simulation etc etc. Graphics were nice though.

I meant Shift was a good game. I didn't mean that shift was a good sim because everyone knows it had issues regarding floaty drifty physics.

Alright Kipker you still moto Xing?
Do you feel Saben let the whole state of Alabama down? HaHa Go Clemson!~!
Why was my post removed is it that you moderators at RD and whiny little snot noses yourselves that have entitlement issues???? Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay I'm sorry I was not thinking of the responses my post would draw while it was intended to be an eye opener and hopefully show how sad some people are they just can't see past the nose in front of their faces

Last edited:
Interesting game. Seems to be a combo of several arcade driving games such as NFS, Grand Theft, and others I have already. May not get this right away, but will look at the discussions and youtube video reviews as others get the game so see how it works with Wheel controllers, etc.
I don't think controller support will be an issue like others in this class of game titles.

Maybe they will just throw all gameplay out of this title and instead create an animated music video for Cream's classic song “Crossroads“ that features the F&F characters. I know it's unlikely but the result certainly would be much better.

Just seen the trailer: who buys this bullsh*t? It's truly awful, and just sayin', what has this to do with racing sims?
The F&F films are bad enough, but to try and make a sim game out of it? Some people ( I'm looking at you Ian Bell ), have no sense of shame. A big :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: from me.

Just seen the trailer: who buys this bullsh*t? It's truly awful, and just sayin', what has this to do with racing sims?
The F&F films are bad enough, but to try and make a sim game out of it? Some people ( I'm looking at you Ian Bell ), have no sense of shame. A big :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: from me.
It's not going to be a sim. I thought it's been clear right from the start. It's going to a be pure arcade. Why are you so mad?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%