As I read this thread I remember why I have gotten away from sim racing for a few years. Many of you are just plain sad excuses of human beings!! There I said it without any remorse. Who wants to include themselves to a group such as this one? Pathetic!!!

Don't let them get to you, they view games like a country or a sport so are very tribal. I have absolutely no interest in this game whatsoever, but also have no need to slag off Ian Bell or SMS in the process, I just won't buy it. Others have to shout from the rooftops that they hate Ian/SMS and they get a boner for doing it...which is sad really.

That type of arcade game fits in well with what SMS likes making. Pcars one and two were the same. They (fast and furious game) do not belong on sim racing sites like this. IMHO.;)

Last edited:
They do not belong on sim racing sites like this.
They absolutely belong on a racing site like this. If we were a 100% hardcore simulation site we would have called our selves simracingdepartment.com at launch date, which we didn't (and for a good reason).

We support all forms of motorsport as long as it has wheels and an engine in the real or virtual world. Don't like that kind of titles, ignore it and move on. It's that simple.

They absolutely belong on a racing site like this. If we were a 100% hardcore simulation site we would have called our selves simracingdepartment.com at launch date, which we didn't (and for a good reason).

We support all forms of motorsport as long as it has wheels and an engine in the real or virtual world. Don't like that kind of titles, ignore it and move on. It's that simple.
This is your main mistake. It is impossible to embrace the immensity or to earn all the money in this life. You will be in the dustbin of history with such ideas.

Why put on a sad face? He was announcing ...something...

giphy.gif

This is exactly NOT what I hoped for after CM's SMS acquisition

FWIW, this deal was done a long time before CM entered the picture.

Reading the press release, note how Bandai Namco is the publisher, not Codemasters.

The real question here is: Did Codemasters acquire the rights to the F&F franchise deal along with the acquisition of SMS?

If this becomes a financial success, it means more money for SMS and Codemasters in the longer term if CM did indeed land the F&F franchise deal. Which in the long run means more money for MADNESS engine development. Which means that Reiza might benefit from it too if they end up renewing their MADNESS engine source code licence agreement at some point down the road.

As an aside, it's more or less the perfect vehicle with which to compete with the NFS franchise. As such, it could certainly be construed as a nice middle finger to EA... :p:D

If this becomes a financial success, it means more money for SMS and Codemasters in the longer term if CM did indeed land the F&F franchise deal. Which in the long run means more money for MADNESS engine development. Which means that Reiza might benefit from it too if they end up renewing their MADNESS engine source code licence agreement at some point down the road.
SMS went to the bottom and drag the same Brazilian developers. I could never come up with such a hellish scenario as it was invented in SMS.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 248 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%