Slightly disappointed... am I missing something?

I'm new to RFactor 2 and it is a great sim, but it's my understanding if refueling during a pit stop isn't programmed into the mod, you're SOL. I understand for authenticity the reasoning behind not including pit stop strategies into some vehicles/tracks, but it's been my early on experience that very few mods include this as an option. Am I doing something wrong or overlooking something?

I'm thinking of packing in this game for something else. Does Assetto Corsa allow pit refueling?

TIA!

Very Simple: For a more speedy pitstop all you need to do is MAP the setting "Request Pit" under your control settings in "Garage" then you can adjust the amount of fuel you need and if you want any tire changes. When you press your mapped button for "Request Pit" it will bring up a HUD showing all your pit settings. Your Keyboard "Arrow Keys" or if your wheel has a Game Pad/Hat switch will be used to adjust your Pit settings. You can Map whatever button settings you desire if you don't like the defaults!

Note: This can all be done on the fly while out on the track so when you drive into your pit stall your requests will be done and if you make no Pit Stop adjustments then your Pit Crew will perform all the default Pit settings which includes Fuel and Tire changes too! Requesting Pit will be faster as it prepares your pitcrew and will show a TEXT message when crew is ready! Of course this can all be done prior to your race if you so desire!

Last edited:
Maybe you could explain a bit more in detail what you are experiencing?

All cars allow both refuel and new tyres, if the time for these events adds up or is done in parallel is however set by the car settings. And as Ace is mention, it can be set in advance or on the fly.

Here's my example. If I drive any of the new Tatuus cars at Silverstone - International layout at 5x fuel usage, 12 laps. You can only add enough fuel for 7 laps. There's no option in the garage menu to add a strategy and there's nothing on the HUD within the car either other than tires. Is this for realism as these cars don't refuel or is this mod broken or am I doing something wrong?

@lime17857
Probably because none of the series with these Tatuus permit refueling (I could be wrong as I did not check every series)

An exemple from the Pro Mazda 2018 (PM-18) series rule book:
"14.36.6. No refueling or removal of fuel is permitted during any qualifying session, during the race or at any time prior to the completion of post-qualifying or post race technical inspection."

From the USF2000 series rule book (USF-17)
7.10.7. No refueling or removal of fuel is permitted during any qualifying sessions, during the race, or at any time prior to the completion of post qualifying or post-race technical inspection.

For the W series (WSK F3.T18)
"The default for the W Series will be the usual staggered standing start, and no one can refuel or remove fuel from a car during a race or qualifying."

Here's my example. If I drive any of the new Tatuus cars at Silverstone - International layout at 5x fuel usage, 12 laps. You can only add enough fuel for 7 laps. There's no option in the garage menu to add a strategy and there's nothing on the HUD within the car either other than tires. Is this for realism as these cars don't refuel or is this mod broken or am I doing something wrong?
When you increase your fuel usage to 5x then in the garage what you are reading is the estimate on how many laps you can expect out of a full fuel load. Here are the Tatuus models at 5x fuel at Silverstone INT.

F.3 T318 = 19 lps, FT-50 = 12 lps, F4-T014 = 12 lps, MSV F3-016 = 12 lps, USF-17 = 11 lps, PM-18 = 7 lps

NOTE: No refueling is permitted with any of these Tatuus models!
On the fly while in your race if you have a button mapped for "Request Pit" then a HUD will pop up where it will allow you to "change tires", fix damage, "F-Wing", and tire pressures for your Pit Crew to attend to.

Last edited:
When you increase your fuel usage to 5x then in the garage what you are reading is the estimate on how many laps you can expect out of a full fuel load. Here are the Tatuus models at 5x fuel at Silverstone INT.

F.3 T318 = 19 lps, FT-50 = 12 lps, F4-T014 = 12 lps, MSV F3-016 = 12 lps, USF-17 = 11 lps, PM-18 = 7 lps

NOTE: No refueling is permitted with any of these Tatuus models!
On the fly while in your race if you have a button mapped for "Request Pit" then a HUD will pop up where it will allow you to "change tires", fix damage, "F-Wing", and tire pressures for your Pit Crew to attend to.
Thanks, Ace. I understand now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing