Slideshow framerate around Spa & Nurburgring

Just bought Spa along with Nurburgring for rf2, but can't drive on either of them due to the absolutely abysmal framerate I'm getting.
At any other track I'm getting 130-150fps in the pits and 110-144 around the rest of the track, but at Spa I'm averaging a much lower 45fps, and in the pits I'm sitting at 23fps. Just going anywhere near the part of the track with the garages tanks my framerate.
It's even worse around the Nurburgring, 8fps in the pits (completely unplayable) and 20-30fps around the rest.
This is run on a RTX 3070 with a Ryzen 5 3600x, 1440p. Latest drivers installed, game is installed on SSD.
Tried clearing the cache and cbash, no difference.
Reinstall made no difference.
How is the optimization this sh*t? Am I missing something or did I just pay for 2 tracks that I can't use?
Any help is much appreciated.

Edit: Apparently there was a bug with the latest Nvidia drivers that affected the 3000-series RTX cards.
Completely wiping the existing drivers and reinstalling them solved the issue on my end, Spa now runs smooth.
The nurburgring however still tanks my fps, and is in my opinion unplayable because of the low framerate and stuttering.
This seems to be an issue with the track itself though, and will hopefully receive a patch some day.

Last edited:
I'am using a old AMD Phenom 2, 4 core processor at 3.6 Ghz and using a GTX 970. I have no fps issues with either track.

Note: settings for my old system to get good fps above 60+ min. and average 75 to 95
shadows - medium since it's a fps killer
opponent detail - medium
road reflections - high
special effects - high
texture filter - X8
All other settings on full

Last edited:
I also have an older system and with a freesync 144hz monitor, I limit fps to 140(I read somewhere that is supposed to help) and it rarely gets lower than 125fps, most of the time pretty much at 140fps. I was gonna ask if they did another frame-rate improvement because even with a 5 yr old vid card and cpu, I'm chuggin' along. (19x12)

Just bought Spa along with Nurburgring for rf2, but can't drive on either of them due to the absolutely abysmal framerate I'm getting.
At any other track I'm getting 130-150fps in the pits and 110-144 around the rest of the track, but at Spa I'm averaging a much lower 45fps, and in the pits I'm sitting at 23fps. Just going anywhere near the part of the track with the garages tanks my framerate.
It's even worse around the Nurburgring, 8fps in the pits (completely unplayable) and 20-30fps around the rest.
This is run on a RTX 3070 with a Ryzen 5 3600x, 1440p. Latest drivers installed, game is installed on SSD.
How is the optimization this sh*t? Am I missing something or did I just pay for 2 tracks that I can't use?
I have the same issue, with similar hardware (3070 & 3900x). Might be related to that. I guess it's best we contact them more directly.

I have no issues at either track on a Ryzen 2700X with RX5700XT

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 75 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 48 6.3%