SLI with triple monitor in 144hz

Hello everyone, I have question about 1080ti SLI with triple high refresh rate monitors....

If I want to have refresh rate >120, I need to use Display Port, so 3 monitors, 3 DP ports, however, I am not sure in SLI setup, does all 3 monitors needed to be connected to a single GPU? I did some searches but have no cue...some people say that all monitors must be connected to the same display card but other say its ok to connect to any ports of the 2 cards as long as Nvidia Surround is enable....

If all monitors need to be plugged to the same GPU....this will definitely limited the options since there are not much 1080ti comes with 3 DP.....sadly...EVGA is a good choice but it is not popular here, no stock now...and no idea when will be any stock available shortly...

Anyone is currently running SLI setup playing with triple monitors >120hz refresh rate that can give some advice?

As you say, I think 3D is rendering 3D images for use with glasses, and the 2D surround, is normal rendering with the 3 screens. When I say normal rendering, I mean non 3D. You should still get a very wide field of view in games if set up correctly, and if the sim / game supports the resolution. Dirt Rally for instance stretches the image, whereas AC, iRacing etc. adjust the image accordingly, giving you more vision.

Upvote 0
I'm running triples with 3x asus 27" 2560x1440 gsync,asus ws270 mb and 2 gigabyte aorus ti extreme with corsair watercooled i7 cpu in an phanteks chassie.

All 1080 ti are rather thick so an 4 module spacing is mandatory to get some space between the two cards, that will limit the available mb, asus for example has 2 to select from.

Current setup:
upload_2018-8-21_23-17-45.png

Thermal problems has been mention but it works fine but it's not an silent solution but with head phones you will not hear the fans... There is now an water cooling block available for the aorus extreme if you wanna go down that path.

The aorus card has 3 dp ports, performance wise you can put the displays in any dp port on any card but I'm running 2 monitors on the 2nd card as it lowered the temp a little on the first card, minimum one has to be on the first card.

When running surround at 7680x1440 it will limit the Hz to 120Hz, but as of now I'm running rF2, AMS and AC at 100Hz/100fps with close to max settings. In general, the fps is stable at this level.

If you want to run SLI/triples it will be an requirement to edit Nvidia profile parameters and test settings to find an configurations that work for your setup, as it has been an hassle...

To give an idea of performance, here is an AC benchmark, 2x1080 TI
AC VERSION: 1.16.3 (x64)
FPS: AVG=174 MIN=27 MAX=262 VARIANCE=27 CPU=78%
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (7680x1440)
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:4X AF:16X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 4 SMOKE:3
PP: QLT:4 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:4 DOF:4 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

To compare, my previous setup (not the same setup) 2x1070
AC VERSION: 1.13.2 (x64)
FPS: AVG=86 MIN=58 MAX=177 VARIANCE=0 CPU=37%
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (7680x1440)
FULLSCREEN: ON
AA:2X AF:8X SHDW:4096 BLUR:0
WORLD DETAIL: 5 SMOKE:3
PP: QLT:5 HDR:1 FXAA:1 GLR:5 DOF:5 RAYS:1 HEAT:1

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back