Sleeping is Hard!

Omer Said

Weresloth
Premium
I really miss some relaxing and comfortable sleeping for a long time. Whenever i go to bed, i can't sleep for 1-2 hours. Turning left, turning right! Everything in that day or will happen next day comes to my mind. I can't stop myself thinking or dreaming.

Do you have the same problem or you have a nice solution ? :wink:

Some doctors say spending too much hours ahead of the PC causes this. I don't know...:confused:

I used to have the same problem, in a way. I would go to bed, and toss and turn for up to three hours before I got to sleep. Some nights, I wouldn't get to sleep at all... :/

That was a few months ago, when my stress levels were at their highest. The problem seems to have gone now, but I am still a light sleeper, going to bed late and waking up late.

I have read of a method that hasn't worked for me all the time, but it might for you: Lie on your back, then starting from your toes upwards, relax one muscle at a time.
Alternatively, my Father has told me to lay my finger and thumb across the bridge of my nose (as if I'm about to pinch it), and think of a happy place, like a field or a garden.
I've found that massaging my forehead and temples and the base of my jaw helps me to relax as well. :)

I always wander around the bed for 30minutes before I went to sleep.

Strangely enough, even if I went to bed late, I always wake up early. Too much light coming in from the window disturbs me, I think.

I only go to bed when I am about to fall asleep. Though I usually dont have that problem, but sometimes my parents tell me to go to bed at a certain time :( but only if Im in the middle of exams or something important is tomorrow. Then I toss and turn or listen to music untill I am actually tired! Or just randomly I wake up and my brain is in hypermode thinking of loads of different things. It is annoying sometimes sleeping, but I love lying in till the the after oon, its a great feeling!

Yeah, my Mum keeps telling me that if I want to sleep better, I shouldn't spend so much time on the PC. :tongue: It has something to do with your mind being too stimulated. The right thing to do would be to leave the PC alone for a few hours until you hop into bed... but we're all computer junkies, so that ain't gonna happen. XD

Welcome to my world, mate, I've lived my entire life with hideous sleeping problems. I've got Asperger Syndrome which, amongst other things, means my brain's always doing something, and never stops. I can't relax, I can't take it easy, because I'm always thinking about something. It can get to the point where I'm so tired I feel nausious, and I still can't sleep.

I'm gonna share one of the things I've been told recently though, since it may help you. If you can program your brain to associate certain things with sleep, then that should help you. It's no overnight solution though. But for example, if you were to force yourself to sleep in a pitch black room, and have it lit the rest of the time, then your body should associate darkness with sleep after some time. And so to carry on sleeping well, you just need to turn the lights off before you go to bed. You could associate anything with getting to sleep, maybe a particular song or item of clothing. It's not a quick solution, but it's worth a shot.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%