Sleeping (and: is there a REAL manual?)

I had a look at the 'manual'... it's very thin and says NOTHING about for instance how and when you have to sleep...! Do you get a message when you are tired? And what then? And what about refueling? Or do all those things get explained as soon as it's appropriate? I see various icons on the map that haven't been explained yet and the manual says nothing about it all...

like others, i get rather sick of the persistent yawning. i don't want to disable the fatigue factor, so the only option is turning off my speakers until i get done with the trip. not a very fun thing to drive in complete silence.

I manage my hours v's petrol with sleep.

On a long run, I can do a run through to nearly over one third of my run, when I need to refill, I pull up and sleep (crawl forward on the parking bed untill your gps tells you to turn your engine off).
Then I can usually drive the other two thirds with just refilling and then sleep at the end of the run at the garage.

I dont understand the problems people are having with this sim.
(I dont know,as I am guessing)
It could be that people have extracted the files or added mods that could be conflicting with the sim.
I have not added anything to the sim, I am running it, as it is. I have not had any problems at all, everything runs as sweet as you like.

I would say though, it would be cool if you could select how long you sleep for. 6 hours is just a bit too long sometimes. it would be nice to have a quick nap of just three hours.

I just found out that you can sleep even with that sleep management option off... I only kept the option on because I liked to sleep every know and then, but apart from the yawning and annoying messages, the resting periods always came at odd and inconvenient times. Now I turned it off but I can still sleep! And so I now usually go to sleep when it's late in the evening. Feels a lot more natural now and it's totally not annyoing so I think I will stick with this way of doing it, even if they 'fix' sleeping.

I'd still love an option to set the amount of hours you would like to sleep!

I just found out that you can sleep even with that sleep management option off... I only kept the option on because I liked to sleep every know and then, but apart from the yawning and annoying messages, the resting periods always came at odd and inconvenient times. Now I turned it off but I can still sleep! And so I now usually go to sleep when it's late in the evening. Feels a lot more natural now and it's totally not annyoing so I think I will stick with this way of doing it, even if they 'fix' sleeping.

I'd still love an option to set the amount of hours you would like to sleep!

The sleeping system try to emulate what real truckers must do....

European Union

Main article: Drivers' working hours
In the European Union, drivers' working hours are regulated by EU regulation (EC) No 561/2006[5] which entered into force on April 11, 2007. The non-stop driving time may not exceed 4.5 hours. After 4.5 hours of driving the driver must take a break period of at least 45 minutes. However, this can be split into 2 breaks, the first being at least 15 minutes, and the second being at least 30 minutes in length. The daily driving time shall not exceed 9 hours. The daily driving time may be extended to at most 10 hours not more than twice during the week. The weekly driving time may not exceed 56 hours. In addition to this, a driver cannot exceed 90 hours driving in a fortnight. Within each period of 24 hours after the end of the previous daily rest period or weekly rest period a driver must take a new daily rest period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_driver

I always sleep in the last moment possible, sometimes a bit late, but never was fined or "blacked out".

The sleeping system try to emulate what real truckers must do....

European Union

Main article: Drivers' working hours
In the European Union, drivers' working hours are regulated by EU regulation (EC) No 561/2006[5] which entered into force on April 11, 2007. The non-stop driving time may not exceed 4.5 hours. After 4.5 hours of driving the driver must take a break period of at least 45 minutes. However, this can be split into 2 breaks, the first being at least 15 minutes, and the second being at least 30 minutes in length. The daily driving time shall not exceed 9 hours. The daily driving time may be extended to at most 10 hours not more than twice during the week. The weekly driving time may not exceed 56 hours. In addition to this, a driver cannot exceed 90 hours driving in a fortnight. Within each period of 24 hours after the end of the previous daily rest period or weekly rest period a driver must take a new daily rest period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truck_driver

I always sleep in the last moment possible, sometimes a bit late, but never was fined or "blacked out".

absolutely true so kinda no simulation at all in this game
also allot of other features are not included from real life,the most annoying for me is the 2 lane highway that turns into one lane as the other get on an exit ramp,also i can not use magnet, the speed dif between downhill in gear and neutral should be different. weight and height of the cargo does not affect corner ability(it's sounds racy i know but u know what i mean)i sleeping cabin i can sleep everywhere that also should be included and i could go on:))))

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back