Sky Sports to launch dedicated F1 channel

Sky will launch a dedicated F1 channel to show its coverage of the sport in 2012 and beyond.
The service will be available free of charge to existing Sky Sports users, but is likely to cost £20+ without a Sky Sports subscription.

Hungary_GP_start_Ferrari_Red_Bull_pack.jpg

Despite speculation, the channel won't be available on Freesat or Freeview, whilst negotiations with Virgin Media and BT Vision are ongoing, confirmed the broadcaster.

Sky will also offer interactive services, allowing fans to switch between on-board cameras, race data and pit-lane cameras, through a red button service during the race.

Barney Francis, Managing Director of Sky Sports, says the broadcaster has big plans for the sport.
"Formula 1 followers are hungry for more and we want to give them the ultimate experience. It's not just every minute of every race but a channel devoted to Formula 1.

"We can now tell the whole story of the season, from every grand prix, from start to finish. Formula 1 will get the full Sky Sports treatment.

"We have big plans for live shows and a rich line-up of Formula 1 programmes; getting to the drivers, exploring the technology and lapping up the drama.

source

Milky Milky. Ill just watch the races on the Belgian open net next year :)
we're see if this goes ahead with virgin Media since im with them, no way am i changing my internet just to be with Sky for their tv coverage, they suck big time :D

if worsts comes to worst i'll watch F1 on a low quality streaming website, or wait until a HD version is up :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back