Cars Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

Fuzo

TM-Modding
Fuzo submitted a new resource:

Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 - Skoda Octavia 3 Cup version 2018

ZtsKMTH.jpg

aBwkWt2.jpg
ACCentral.cz Modding team presents Skoda Octavia Cup - 2018 specs. This car is based on Skoda Octavia RS 3rd. generation and is used in Octavia Cup Series in middle Europe. This mod is our first mod and was created with help of real mechanics and was tested by real drivers, so our priority was mainly physics and behavior of the whole car,not the detailed model, but we did what we were...

Read more about this resource...

What does the en.tag file do? Don't recall other cars mods including that
this file is a workaround for our damper setting labels in setup screen, this mod is using Ohlins dampers where 0 is hardest setting and increasing the value softens the damper and original labels would be confusing so it changes the label to be correct :) Works only for English at this moment...

Last edited:
Are you sure the fast damping rates are several higher than the slow damping rates?

The slow damp is considered to be the angle factor until the threshold, and after that the angle factor for the next angle kicks in. It is the rate of climb, if you will.

As it is, the damper plot is essentially like this _/. Extremely progressive. If the dampers are extremely progressive, and then blow off in the real car, I suggest simulating them as digressive, ignoring the very rapid climb in the low-mid speed range, and focusing on the ultra-low speed extremely high damping with AC's "slow" and handling the blowoff via digressive damping in the "fast.

I can see an use for this in some scenarios, but are you *really* confident about this one? Do you have dampers plots to perhaps back it up? I'm really curious. Theoretically, these fast rates are (Just with head math) close to critical damping in the default setup: which is perhaps theoretically the most stable, but really often the damping is digressive.

By the way, by overlaying the fast and slow damping onto the same X and Y coordinates in the setup.ini, and matching the amount of clicks, you can adjust both at the same time! Perhaps you were trying for a compromise with fast rates in dampers that simultaneously adjust slow and fast in 2-way?

We know Its not 100% correct in way of numbers . But car uses 2way dampers and I have only numbers and curves for slow (bump/rebound) . In the end i made this compromise after feedback from drivers

You only have curves for slow speed? What, do they not display over 3cm/s or what?

Oh well, if you believe it's the best compromise, what am I to say.

Out of curiosity, could you post the plots? Thanks.

Okay. Just for illustration purpose, you DID calculate it correctly? This is roughly what kind of plot comes out with the current default values:

FRONT

FrontDamperExamplePlot.PNG

Niiiiice. Did you tried drive it too, or you just spent few hours just to look inside and compare graphs ? :)
What value would there be in me driving the car and reporting based on that? I've never even seen one of these in real life. Any advice I can give is far more valuable if done with empiric means.

It takes 5 minutes max to make a graph like this.

I wonder if it would have been better taken to a PM
That means less people who can potentially correct me on the reason why the dampers are ran like this. Besides, I know, and why.
If the mod team doesn't want to receive public criticism from people who have close to a decade of experience, others who could have commented: surely more than that - then whatever. :thumbsup: Now's a good time to prove me wrong, or to learn something. I already gave detailed advice in my first post, with some suggestions. If some race team does indeed run very progressive dampers that don't blow off: alright, I guess I'm wrong. Not like the user is going to know the difference...

That means less people who can potentially correct me on the reason why the dampers are ran like this. Besides, I know, and why.
If the mod team doesn't want to receive public criticism from people who have close to a decade of experience, others who could have commented: surely more than that - then whatever. :thumbsup: Now's a good time to prove me wrong, or to learn something. I already gave detailed advice in my first post, with some suggestions. If some race team does indeed run very progressive dampers that don't blow off: alright, I guess I'm wrong. Not like the user is going to know the difference...
Kyuubeyy there is no more need to dig in it .. like I say car isnt 100% correct in numbers but feels pretty damn good to real one . For me is more important feeling and feedback then numbers ... Thanks for your interest but i dont need your experience ... Btw this is my last massage to this topic ... Peace

20 years old car mechanic with 10 years experience... WOW
Not a mechanic, but yeah, been doing sim modding for pretty close to 8 years now. Most what I know comes from actual engineers, though.

@Weron323

Okay, I was just giving my advice. If you are sure, it's good! Some day, maybe you will reconsider it. We always do, after we learn more. ;) See you.

I'm getting the steering wheel see-sawing left and right quite harshly as soon as I start driving. Any ideas? I've only come across this a couple of times with car mods.
Fanatec v2.5 CSW.

Edit: panic over, I had ABS forced on for some reason. Factory settings (as per your notes) solved it.
:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 318 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing