Skoda Octavia Cup 2018

Cars Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shaun:
tyres.jpg

OK if you don't want help or advise to improve it, like I needed when I started, and still need now, then fair play, as that is all I was offering, but unless you fix what I have suggested, and like any other top modder here @garyjpaterson @mclarenf1papal, sorry had a brain freeze, but Patrik from the Nissan, Caterham Mod, Honda S200 mod all those people, you have a fast amount of knowledge here to help

You only need to ask

Shaun

OK, thank you for that, but what does that say about the steering, this is tyres ( which I have not mentioned)....yet.

Steering, please please fix the steering

Shaun
does the car steer to the wrong side or does the steering wheel feel somehow bad, or the issue is just the numbers? Is there any reason why stearing rods on Kunos cars is in front of front axis and not behind as we have and as it should be in real life?

The clue is in the car.ini file

Because of AC complex suspension geometry, you need to calculate manually the steer rod ratio

You cannot have negative steering ratio value, and then have another value in game, they need to match, and you cannot have a negative value at all. You look at any decent mod, any Kunos car and tell me where this is a negative value?

I have commented enough here, I have offered my "free" help but all I get is questioned.

The car needs work, lots of work, I have offered to help / advise but so be it. I only tried

Regards

Shaun

PS - It's only from help of RD people that has helped me ;)

@Fuzo, I would consider Shaun's advice, his work says it all :thumbsup:
I'd personally consider taking a step back and making sure he actually knows what he's talking about in this instance. "It's only from help of RD people that has helped me" Much of the reason his cars are the way they are is that they have had significant input from other developers, myself and Kunos included. And just because someone asserts facts doesn't make those assertions valid. Look at the tire pressure thing from a few posts up.

To the point, there are zero problems with having the steering ratio be negative. It's negative because the rack has to move in the opposite direction to convention (because the tie rod locations are behind the wheel pivot point instead of in front of it). That's just how the car is (some Kunos cars are like this as well IIRC; it's totally normal). Similarly, while the in-game ratio and car.ini ratio should ideally match, it's not entirely necessary. The two values in the car.ini end up getting multiplied together anyway (or similar) by the physics engine, so as long as the in-game ratio is as-desired, there are no real problems.

Last edited:
Yep, that info is directly from Pirelli specifications in manual for the tyres.
Hot target pressure 2.2 bar

For 1228kg (2016 spec) car its quite normal ;)

I'd personally consider taking a step back and making sure he actually knows what he's talking about in this instance. "It's only from help of RD people that has helped me"

Thank you for your kind support. Yes I asked for help to certain people to "understand" how things work, how else does one learn? Kunos have never written a file for me, and yes TWO people have (you and Leonardo) which I said thank you, but some of the details was incorrect, some was correct some was wrong. You state Kunos files are incorrect, I beg to differ, but again, matter of opinion.

But insinuating that everybody else has done everything for me to achieve what I have done, you need to back track on that one, sorry. I live to learn, and well that's why my cars get so many updates which is not great, but I learn.

Right off topic enough, I am talking to the creator, and do you know what, he is so bloody friendly and nice to talk to, so leave it be.

You state Kunos files are incorrect, I beg to differ, but again, matter of opinion.
With the tires and aero stalling? No, not really a matter of opinion.

Anyway, yes, on the topic of the Skoda:

The physics are actually fairly believable everywhere besides, perhaps, the dampers (and the Kunos-like tires). It seems unlikely to me that the slow speed damping would be so much lower than that at high shaft speeds (though, having worked with very high end Ohlins dampers before, it would at least be possible to run that kind of configuration, just somewhat pointless). If @Weron323 wants to PM me with the damper graphs, I'd be happy to take a look to make sure the sim car accurately reflects the real thing.

Oh for gods sack, let it go @mclarenf1papa

Kunos "advise" how to build cars in AC. Do you write the physics engine, how do you know much to correct the people that actually write it, unless you write it yourself, please explain.

We all (modders) work to their details that they provide and what works for their sim.

Again, please provide detailed, details on the facts that you have that Kunos ( for their sim) the the purpose of this thread and many others and totally incorrect on the advice they they give.

Regards

Shaun

I am expecting a war and peace reply - and Proof

Last edited:
BTW: To fight each other will not result in a good and helpful way.
Just saying ;)
I totally agree, but being told we know "nothing" when over 50K people have downloaded all our mods and they all like them, yeah with a little hick up here and there, which we do for FREE everytime, it's a bit of a klck in the teeth.

Sorry but we don't have to do this...

Shaun

Number of downloads is not really an indicator of accuracy. Plenty of people have downloaded and enjoyed my mods which exist only for the novelty factor.

I enjoy the way most Kunos cars drive. But I'm well aware so much of what they do is not as accurate as it could be for one reason or another. Just because the engine is capable, doesn't mean their use if it is perfect.

Oh for gods sack, let it go @mclarenf1papa

Kunos "advise" how to build cars in AC. Do you write the physics engine, how do you know much to correct the people that actually write it, unless you write it yourself, please explain.

We all (modders) work to their details that they provide and what works for their sim.

Again, please provide detailed, details on the facts that you have that Kunos ( for their sim) the the purpose of this thread and many others and totally incorrect on the advice they they give.

Regards

Shaun

I am expecting a war and peace reply
Well, Kunos, like any company, isn't infallible...that's why we've had numerous updates to the tire model based on issues brought up by people like David and me (and Kunos' own research). That's why ACC has already had tire model fixes since the first release (and why each car drives differently each update).

And, uh, Aris didn't write the code for the physics engine either. I've written a few thousand lines of physics code for the shader patch, so there's that. But also, it's pretty easy to figure out the equations for various things in AC's physics (which I and others have been doing for a few years now). Additionally, I helped write one of the new physics features that came with V1.15 of AC.

Anyway, here are some of the requested details:

The orange curve is a real tire load sensitivity graph. The blue curve is the type of load sensitivity Kunos uses. See the problem? It doesn't match at all.

ls comparison.png

So, you can do what David and I do for our cars (and what I did for your Ginetta) and make your own lookup tables.

It'd take more effort than reasonable to show some of the other issues (I'd have to map the aero on some Kunos cars, which I don't particularly want to do at the moment). But take a look at how different the Huracan GT3 in AC is compared to the one in ACC and try to tell me you still think Kunos always gets it right the first time.

This isn't meant to be an attack of Kunos, I obviously very much appreciate the work Aris and Stefano have done with the physics, and Stefano has always been enjoyable to talk to (and very tolerant of my requests for physics additions). That said, people having the mentality that Kunos always knows best isn't helpful.

And yeah... the IER car pack has 65k downloads on RD and 20k on Mediafire before we switched platforms. That's great, but the Reliant Robin Stereo and I did over a weekend has 25k downloads...people don't genuinely care about (or notice) accuracy most of the time.

Anyway this really isn't the place to discuss such things. You gave your suggestions and offered help to the makers of the Skoda and I did the same. Best to leave it at that.

I dont know where to start. Maybe frist thing what I want to say is that I dont have half the experience as you guys .. I started doing it without any experience and only for our CZ / SK community ... We put it here for the people and we did not think about any money or some 5 star ratings ... because we know it's not perfectly and precisely done ... But it was not our goal ... our goal was to make the best of what's in our "power" and that's what we did. We are currently running a championship with this car and I dont want to do anything in the near future what can possibly change car behaviour ... I would like to thank everyone who wants to help I appreciate it. I just want to make some simracers happy and thats all that matters . Peace

Not a fight, rather a debate ;)
Look
1) This has gone off topic AGAIN on a comment I made on a thread that is about a mod
2) Do you know what after what I have been through with my wife (sepsis and nearly died) I don't really give a flying **** anymore about a stupid fecking computer game, I am done with all this poison bullshit that is on here.
3) I am so sorry to the original creator of this thread that it has come down to this level, this was never intended, I only posted my comments as to help with a FWD car that most people hate but as you know ( and we have had really good PM chats) about this I love FWD cars

Again, sorry to the original modder who created this thread, that it went this way.

Regards

Shaun

@mclarenf1papa CONGRATS WELL DONE!!!!

Now do a car yourself and show the world that you are god and spend your own money going to track days, speaking to real engineers ( sorry are you one?) spending time in the REAL garage, with real people, that you actually spend your OWN money doing this, for a computer game.

Shaun

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing