Cars Skoda Octavia CUP 2018 [WIP]

Fuzo

TM-Modding
Hi all, I would like to show you our totally first, nearly finished Assetto Corsa project - Skoda Octavia Cup 2018. Started as a "for fun" project of a few admins from Assetto Corsa Central portal (www.accentral.cz), we managed to push it to some interesting results.

As there is no Skoda Octavia Cup 3D model in the world, we had to take Skoda Octavia RS and remodel it to Cup version by our selves, so all "cup" accessories and the whole interior was scratch made, according to real specs and latest updates of real car. But we are still beginners in 3D modeling and modding, so there are a lot of opportunities to improve model-wise. However we put more focus to the physics part. The whole physics was created from scratch with direct help of real Octavia Cup mechanics, tested by real OC drivers. We can tell that this car is as close to real as we were able to do in Assetto Corsa. Sound was the only thing we were struggling with, so we turned to Mach77, author of sounds for AC V8 mod who was willing to help us and actually the final sound is the last thing we are waiting for to consider this mod finished and released (actual version of mod has beta version of sounds). While waiting for Mach77 to finish the sound, we are doing final bug fixing and beta testing at our portal.
  • Actual status of mod: open beta v. 0.95

IKs3Wzn.jpg

SE52L0h.jpg

zDmvx7a.jpg

obqyVUI.jpg

pSCd1pO.jpg

Last edited:
For my (pretty high) quality standards the car is really on the edge, I would appreciate a little bit more detail (better AO maps and a bit more love for the cockpit, skins from the real-life series). Still, it's good to see this marque finally being represented in AC with a decent mod and it will probably be a keeper. Keep up the great work and I wish you the best luck to finish and improve the car. @Patrik Marek, competition never hurts quality ;)

Greetings from Slovakia.

I remember a very good but underated Skoda Octavia mod for rF1, wonder if you guys are connected.
Author of Octavia rf1 mod is well known in CZ/SK modding scene (Mirzza), I am in touch with him, I was speaking with him recently about converting our car to rf2 but he is not doing anything for rf2 unfortunatelly.

For my (pretty high) quality standards the car is really on the edge, I would appreciate a little bit more detail (better AO maps and a bit more love for the cockpit, skins from the real-life series). Still, it's good to see this marque finally being represented in AC with a decent mod and it will probably be a keeper. Keep up the great work and I wish you the best luck to finish and improve the car. @Patrik Marek, competition never hurts quality ;)

Greetings from Slovakia.

Thank you for the support, I can say that the interior was created with love for sure, almost everything there was created by hand from scratch, but we had to make a lot of compromises. Actually the only thing which was used from original "RS" version is the location of steering wheel. Everything else had to be remodelled. It is not optimal but it is functional. The interior will improve in future for sure, we are learning new stuff about modding every day and implementing it to the model, hovewer our priority is still physics and behavior of the car on the track. Concerning the real-life series skins, we made only one official promo car skin, every other skin was created directly for the Virtual Octavia Cup series we are going to do with this mod at our portal. We are considering the creation of original skins, but it wont be earlier than next year, when the next season of real OC starts. We need a lot of detailed photos for that, we will see.

Author of Octavia rf1 mod is well known in CZ/SK modding scene (Mirzza), I am in touch with him, I was speaking with him recently about converting our car to rf2 but he is not doing anything for rf2 unfortunatelly.

Thank you for the support, I can say that the interior was created with love for sure, almost everything there was created by hand from scratch, but we had to make a lot of compromises. Actually the only thing which was used from original "RS" version is the location of steering wheel. Everything else had to be remodelled. It is not optimal but it is functional. The interior will improve in future for sure, we are learning new stuff about modding every day and implementing it to the model, hovewer our priority is still physics and behavior of the car on the track. Concerning the real-life series skins, we made only one official promo car skin, every other skin was created directly for the Virtual Octavia Cup series we are going to do with this mod at our portal. We are considering the creation of original skins, but it wont be earlier than next year, when the next season of real OC starts. We need a lot of detailed photos for that, we will see.

physics felt quite good, can't talk about FFB cause I'm currently not on wheel, but yeah not too bad.I do have some other plans for my Skoda, so I think I will keep going with it no matter what, but yeah, this does change my plans a bit :)

so you guys said you got official support from Octavia CUP, .. I was talking to them too, but they stopped communicating with me

are things like the cockpit display 100% correct ?

for mine, I was actually thinking to make few design changes, making it not realistic, but making it visually more cool, like a different motec display for example , with newer design ..etc

physics felt quite good, can't talk about FFB cause I'm currently not on wheel, but yeah not too bad.I do have some other plans for my Skoda, so I think I will keep going with it no matter what, but yeah, this does change my plans a bit :)

so you guys said you got official support from Octavia CUP, .. I was talking to them too, but they stopped communicating with me

are things like the cockpit display 100% correct ?

for mine, I was actually thinking to make few design changes, making it not realistic, but making it visually more cool, like a different motec display for example , with newer design ..etc
MX2 Dash in real Octavia Cup is quite advanced and has different modes and colors, and possibilities of Assetto are very restricted in this way, so I tried to keep the dash accurate in areas where it was possible, but there are some infos which are not directly from real dash but assetto is able to display it, so I put it there to be more let say dynamic :) Actually the dash was the very first thing modeled for this mod :) When we found out how to make it work, we started to work on the rest :D

So it's a rip?
There is no Skoda Octavia RS mod for any sim as far as I know (maybe GTA V), we had to buy a commercial 3D model of Octavia RS from a profesional 3D modeller and then we had to remodel and adjust some parts according to CUP specs and photos. Real Skoda Octavia III Cup is basically Octavia RS with some added aero parts, new front brakes, rear wing and gutted interior...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%