AC Skoda 130 RS @ Calabogie - Mon 08 Jun 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Getting ready for practice when my MSI-GT72S decided to join the "Choir Invisible" :mad:
I think the average 22fps I was getting in yesterday's GT3 race (down from 200+) should have been a giveaway that all was not well.

No racing for me tonight - :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I do have a replacement, but it's going to be a long evening of setup as I need to move the room around.

Having said that, it's quite a juicy replacement - but it was meant to be for GPU computation work. (2 x RTX2080 with NVLINK HB using a Quadro RTX bridge (LN94402) so real NVLINK not SLI, 128GB DDR4 3600, 4TB NVME raid (Samsung 970 Evo Plus) + second 3TB NVME raid (Crucial QLC) + 8TB (4+3+1) of separate SATA + TR2950X + 2 x Samsung 34" UHD +Windows 10 Workstation)

It already paid for itself, so I'll let it game a little.

I assume from the like on my post I'm allowed to join you tonight as well? ;)

If so, any issues with streaming the two races? Just the races, no TS (obviously).
You are most welcome to join us Martin - as always.
My sincere apologies for my failure to reply and/or add you to the sign up list.
Clearly I was busy/distracted at the time when I hit like. Or maybe I'm just an idiot... oh dear, I can feel my bottom lip poking out and beginning to quiver, ever so slightly. :cry: ;)

No objections to streaming (with the usual caveats) from me buddy. :thumbsup:

Sorry for having disconnected from the race, my steering wheel suddenly disconnected. The pedals were working but I couldn't turn the wheel anymore so I ended up crashing on the wall. I didn't expect this. I will still go for tomorrow's race :thumbsup:

Well that was a disaster. I haven't done an AC race in so long that I completely forgot about all of its quirks. So completely destroyed gearbox in race 1 without even realizing and then in race 2, due to a misconfiguration that I couldn't fix without leaving the game, I first tried running with automatic gearbox (which is horrible with this car) and then tried to go back to manual shifting, but kept getting misshifts and destroying the gearbox, and with no chance of catching up to anyone, I eventually just gave up.

Apologies if I got in anyone's way :(

Sorry @Stephen Gibb for the incident in the 1st race. Was in about 7th and someone lagged in front of me which sent me off. I couldn't get back on safe so waited and joined at the back. Then I got a good run out of first bend and thought I could get alongside you. I couldn't and then was on a dodgy line and disaster ensued. Totally my fault, so eager to gain back places. Sorry.

Well that was a disaster. I haven't done an AC race in so long that I completely forgot about all of its quirks. So completely destroyed gearbox in race 1 without even realizing and then in race 2, due to a misconfiguration that I couldn't fix without leaving the game, I first tried running with automatic gearbox (which is horrible with this car) and then tried to go back to manual shifting, but kept getting misshifts and destroying the gearbox, and with no chance of catching up to anyone, I eventually just gave up.

Apologies if I got in anyone's way :(
Martin, if I understand you have a seperate shifter. I know driving with a car handled with manual shifting is very difficult, especially if you want to drive fast. Then of course sometimes, when you turn into a slow corner and downshift, you could encounter a car pick up.

Your solution therefore is to train in practice mode with your shifter before attending right away a race. You should be gentle while changing gears, clutching, downshift or upshift. Don't push yourself too much or you will more often miss a gear and start to break the engine. Just do it softly, change gear with more time instead of too quickly.

Last edited:
Great racing everyone! @pretend racer you definitely have the mojo with these old cars, I felt like I was standing still behind you for all of race 1 :whistling:;)

After yesterday's GT3 disaster I really needed a pick me up, so the win in R2 definitely helped. :roflmao:

Great choice of track @Denis, and great racing Axel, Sheashant, John, and Jason :)
You'd better have recorded the 2nd race Mr Down, I can show my kids the only overtake I'll make on you :laugh:

Congrats to the podium guys, I could see some brilliant racing ahead of me (for a little while:p), and to all for tonight's fair racing - not to mention the fantastic lap times!

Special thanks to @Denis Betty for this bloody fantastic combo, you find some amazing tracks matey!

Started at the back for the first race - felt the man flu coming on all day so not sure how long I'd last (yeh yeh, old man thing:p), but once into it I had a great time. But totally wasted for the 2nd race:roflmao: The Mrs saw the first race... all man-flu sympathy now lost:(

@Ernest Raoult Thank you for the advice. Don't take it the wrong way, but I'd dare to say I am familiar with the concept of shifting. Doesn't really help much when the shifter is misconfigured in the game and not working as expected, and especially if you only notice that mid-race, since the only way to fix such issues in AC is to leave the game, because the devs couldn't manage to give people access to controls settings without leaving the race.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.4%