AC Skoda 130 RS @ Brands Hatch Indy - Monday 11 Nov 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great racing tonight, I believe most of the field had a lot of fun, it is a superb mod car.

A full grid would have been great, but I think there was enough drivers to make it interesting.

Next week we are racing the Skoda cup car, another great mod, I hope to see you all on the grid

Congrads to the podiums, superb pace :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..and congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:

An enjoyable race for me, nice to be racing with @Ken Bell again, I have been and
still getting heaps of problems with my newly created system, do you ever wish
you left it all well alone when it was working.
I have had about a month of one thing after the other going wrong.
This evening managed a trouble free race, but started playing up again as soon as
the race was done.:thumbsdown::mad::(

All that out of the way, a thankyou to @Craig Dunkley for hosting this race, and congrats to the podium.

Second race, i was looking forward to having a battle with John and Co, but I unfortunately got involved with a shunt, which was the end of my race, as i said unfortunate but that’s racing.:(

I still can't believe I finished 2 races using clutch and paddles. Is so weird. I get used too, but I was still slower than the training :notworthy:
Did anyone had problems with the gear shifter for G29? When I select the odd gears it goes to the corresponding even gear and when I go the even gear it gets the correct gear. Also, when in N it is actually in 4th, when i go to left it goes to 2 and when I go right it goes to 6. I don't have to actually engage the gear ... The weirdest thing is that I got a brake for like 10 minutes before the quali and it started right there. So there was no miss shift or anything before that ...

Second race, i was looking forward to having a battle with John and Co, but I unfortunately got involved with a shunt, which was the end of my race, as i said unfortunate but that’s racing.:(

As the guilty party for running in to the back of you @ the Surtees bend, I apologize. I'm not sure that I would agree that it 'was the end of my race' though. I get the sense of your disappointment at losing out on 'a battle with John', someone who is consistently quicker that either of us, but we weren't at the back, adrift from the rest of the field - unlike Han, shunted by his own son :confused: (it's like Dallas on wheels :laugh:).

I'm also not sure why you slowed down to let me go past. Is it because we collided earlier in the race @ T2? - when I came off the throttle (@ the bridge), you were effectively behind me. By the time I'd turned in you were hugging the corner on my inside. Maybe that's the time/distance advantage between a H-shifter vs paddles? In the same situation I'm not sure if I could or would do anything different. It's just one of those things, so please don't slow down for me because we have had a collision or two. If we ever get to three, then I suspect one of us should yield :laugh:.

Thanks @Craig Dunkley for last night's race, a fantastic car choice, what a gem. :thumbsup: Congrats to the podium guys in both races, a pleasure to watch such fantastic close 'n clean racing.... from quite a distance behind:redface:

Had an unforeseen 'surprise' before 1st race and missed the start by seconds, my first ever pit lane start lol, but fun chasing the pack all the same. 2nd race was great fun, still amazed at how fair everyone is considering Brands is such a hard place to get a clean pass.

@Kek700 Ernie and @pattikins Patrick, stop picking on me:p:laugh: I'm no quicker/consistent than you two, just paranoid about making mistakes - must learn to not give a toss and go off more often:D

unlike Han, shunted by his own son :confused: (it's like Dallas on wheels :laugh:).
Lol, very true, and I laughed when I saw the replay, thinking if I was @HF2000 Han I'd ban Enzo from Christmas dinner:roflmao::roflmao::laugh:

As the guilty party for running in to the back of you @ the Surtees bend, I apologize. I'm not sure that I would agree that it 'was the end of my race' though. I get the sense of your disappointment at losing out on 'a battle with John', someone who is consistently quicker that either of us, but we weren't at the back, adrift from the rest of the field - unlike Han, shunted by his own son :confused: (it's like Dallas on wheels :laugh:).

I'm also not sure why you slowed down to let me go past. Is it because we collided earlier in the race @ T2? - when I came off the throttle (@ the bridge), you were effectively behind me. By the time I'd turned in you were hugging the corner on my inside. Maybe that's the time/distance advantage between a H-shifter vs paddles? In the same situation I'm not sure if I could or would do anything different. It's just one of those things, so please don't slow down for me because we have had a collision or two. If we ever get to three, then I suspect one of us should yield :laugh:.

Definitely no need to apologise @pattikins, took it as a racing incident, I sometimes
gain something from it, sometimes I loose something from these incidents.
This time I just thought bugger, never going to get back to the interesting battle up front.
I can usually up my pace when following with some sort of incentive attached, as following John, who I particularly like to try and chase ;)
If there is someone who has slightly better pace ( as you did ) and many laps left i always let them go so they can get on with their race, rather than sit behind me.
If it was the last two laps then I will fight for that place, anymore than two then it
starts for me to be too much pressure, and not so much fun.:)
You have to remember I am an old sod, sim racing is not part of a youthfulness,
that passed decades ago.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I am sure there are quite a few reading this and knowing exactly what I mean.:unsure:

If there is someone who has slightly better pace ( as you did ) and many laps left i always let them go so they can get on with their race, rather than sit behind me.
If it was the last two laps then I will fight for that place, anymore than two then it
starts for me to be too much pressure, and not so much fun.:)
You have to remember I am an old sod, sim racing is not part of a youthfulness,
that passed decades ago.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I am sure there are quite a few reading this and knowing exactly what I mean.:unsure:
Same here Ernie! ;)

First race wasn't all that interesting for me.
Started 5th in the second race because of the reversed top 5.
Had an okay start but nothing special. Was trying to overtake in turn 4 but hit the kerb and the rear stepped out. Saved it, but did lose some positions. Unfortunately hit my dad on the first lap. I'm not sure what's worse, an incident with your teammate or with your father. :whistling:
After waiting, I was in last place and made my way back through the field to finish in 2nd. Sadly not enough time left to overtake Erik too.
Had some nice overtakes around the outside though:

Also here's my fastest lap. I'd include my setup too but it was default with the gear ratios changed (Shortest gear set with the longest final drive)

Lol, very true, and I laughed when I saw the replay, thinking if I was @HF2000 Han I'd ban Enzo from Christmas dinner:roflmao::roflmao::laugh:
Great idea, John:thumbsup::p but unfortunately that's the one of the rare occassions when he gets some healthy vegetables instead of whatever students devour!
And of course the real reason that he hit me was because he was pissed off from me overtaking him.:D

Great racing tonight, I believe most of the field had a lot of fun, it is a superb mod car.

A full grid would have been great, but I think there was enough drivers to make it interesting.

Next week we are racing the Skoda cup car, another great mod, I hope to see you all on the grid

Congrads to the podiums, superb pace :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ..and congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup:
Yes this car is great, love to race it. Thanks Craig for organising and also for waiting for me so we could battle in the last laps!:thumbsup::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%