AC Skoda 130 RS @ Bikernieki - Tuesday 6th April 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
No I loaded it as is. Height is way off by 10.

Strange... :thumbsdown: I know i did take out alot of the fuel right at the end. It had way too much in as default.

I only softened the rear a click. Set the gears to gear set 2 with longest final drive, then tyre pressures.

Last edited:
When I load this setup, it's invalid due to height of the front.
I remember that last time we raced the Skoda, an update occured right before the event. This update made all setups invalid because of too low ride hight.

I just solved it in my setup by raising the car until it became valid.

Maybe this setup came just from that time short before the Mas du Clos event?

Edit: Just compare ride hight with my setup.

Last edited:
Strange... :thumbsdown: I know i did take out alot of the fuel right at the end. It had way too much in as default.

I only softened the rear a click. Set the gears to gear set 2 with longest final drive, then tyre pressures.
i just tried the race server and got checksum failure. Apparently I had version 1.4 but it worked on the practice server?!!

Ah that must have been it. I was using version 1.8. Same as practice server. I see s.gp has updated to 1.9 :thumbsdown:
Damn! I was about 5s faster with version 1.4. Setup options are different too. I needed 25l of fuel in version 1.4, now is 10l enough!
1.4 must have had a bigger engine, I guess :roflmao:

Ok, that was pure fun :thumbsup: Great combo Brian. First time in this car for me, but hopefully not the last. Somehow managed to snatch P2 from @Erik Axelsson in qualy but still was 2s off @Reik Major 's pace :D With the advantage of using an H-shifter, I could get into P1 before heading into T1. Being in front of Reik and Axel is something I'm certainly not used to and I was damn nervous. Couldn't find any pace in the beginning and after a big oversteer out of T1 I dropped back to P2. Going into the sharp right after the long straight, Reik downshifted to aggressively? and locked up his rear, causing a nasty spin and handing me back P1. That and a lot of brave drivers batteling Reik hard, was all I needed to keep ahead of him until the last lap :) One more lap and he would have gotten me too.

Screenshot_tmm_skoda_130rs_bikernieki_6-4-121-22-52-44.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_skoda_130rs_bikernieki_6-4-121-22-49-32.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_skoda_130rs_bikernieki_6-4-121-22-42-42.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_skoda_130rs_bikernieki_6-4-121-22-47-48.jpg
Screenshot_tmm_skoda_130rs_bikernieki_6-4-121-22-50-41.jpg

Last edited:
Mmmmm, managed a 1:40 in practice, probably not relevant, but it was a shock to turn up and be faced with what seemed like a totally different car. Put some effort into its setup, which when I had to use it , I was left with a car sitting on the ground. :roflmao: :roflmao:
probably made no difference in the end, I was left with a great race with Han, but a frustrating one.
So I would still probably be congratulating podiums anyway. So well done podiums, should have had a better turn out, why I do not know.
But this was in my opinion a very difficult car and track combination.
I think that would have put some off, spent an hour just learning how to stay on the track.:)

Great win @640er! It's well deserved because you drove the most solid race. :thumbsup:

Indeed, having to update the car right at the start of the event including a noticeable change in physics made it a tough one. But same goes for everyone, so I decided not to change muchin setup but to adapt to the changes in feeling.

It worked ok but in teh race I missed a few breaking points especially into the sharp right hander where I had the off in lap 2 (as Andreas describes pretty well :whistling:)

So I had to chase the field from second last position giving me a few nice battles, especially with @HF2000 for a few laps. Han defended very well, so when I got through, I ran out of time to catch Andreas, who had gained speed and experience during the race, too.

So I'm still happy with P2, even if P1 was possible.

Next time I wish to drive this track with Group C please. :cool: (No wait... Only with the 962c ST, not the C 9)

Great win @640er! It's well deserved because you drove the most solid race. :thumbsup:

Indeed, having to update the car right at the start of the event including a noticeable change in physics made it a tough one. But same goes for everyone, so I decided not to change muchin setup but to adapt to the changes in feeling.

It worked ok but in teh race I missed a few breaking points especially into the sharp right hander where I had the off in lap 2 (as Andreas describes pretty well :whistling:)

So I had to chase the field from second last position giving me a few nice battles, especially with @HF2000 for a few laps. Han defended very well, so when I got through, I ran out of time to catch Andreas, who had gained speed and experience during the race, too.

So I'm still happy with P2, even if P1 was possible.

Next time I wish to drive this track with Group C please. :cool: (No wait... Only with the 962c ST, not the C 9)
I already tested Group C here but the infield was, let’s say interesting in the C9 :confused:

Mmmmm, managed a 1:40 in practice, probably not relevant, but it was a shock to turn up and be faced with what seemed like a totally different car. Put some effort into its setup, which when I had to use it , I was left with a car sitting on the ground. :roflmao: :roflmao:
probably made no difference in the end, I was left with a great race with Han, but a frustrating one.
So I would still probably be congratulating podiums anyway. So well done podiums, should have had a better turn out, why I do not know.
But this was in my opinion a very difficult car and track combination.
I think that would have put some off, spent an hour just learning how to stay on the track.:)
Yes for me another stressful race with you at 1-2 sec behind, waiting for my usually mistake. Well it came quite early in the race but fortunately I had the better line with the incident of Reik and Erik and I could sneak in in front of you again.
Very happy with the podium :) . Nice battle with Reik, very respectful:thumbsup:.
Thanks, Brian for organising.

Ernie, did you have the 1.4 version in practice like I did? Totally different car and at least 3s faster for me.

Last edited:
I had, will check tomorrow, I think the 1.8, the latest was 1.9

will post script it here tomorrow. :)

I think you were on 1.6 , that was the one I was on 1.6
everything is exactly the same, just suspension mods
why I was, in the end, two seconds slower is or must be down to setup.
I should spend some time sorting it out, just cannot be bothered.:sleep:

I am bewildered most of the time, so who knows what I drove here this afternoon. :confused:

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who raced last night. Version roulette aside, the 130hp, not so sexy skoda from the 1970's, is a tough sell. I really liked the induction noise and how it handled after a few small setup tweaks. I was luckily able to figure out how to get the setup close to where it was in practice on monday in the v1.8, just before the start lights went green. The ride height seemed to have changed due to the spring rates getting messed up. I had an ok race by my low standards in this type of car but couldn't really get near to the pace of it until the second last lap, but it was a nice car to drive around the big ring nonetheless! The early incidents made the first few laps interesting before every dissappeared off again! Mark kept me honest throughout and erik even dropped back to say hello midway through :p

Congrats to @640er on the win and see you at the next one, hopefully be around for the group c next week :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 211 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.6%